Big Mistake using company "BUILT ON TRUST"

eft a huge mess of construction debris first promised to get rid of it then changed tune to " job is finished and debris removal was not part of bid" we hired Michael's construction llc to do excavation ,footings, block work and slab for a 14x28 addition. He seemed to be very trustworthy . Contract was signed 10/16/13 and we gave him a check for $2000 for deposit, Th full contract was for $4500. He wrote out a very simple contract ( too simple) where he promised to have the job done in 4-5 days rain pending, it took him a month to complete the job many days were fine weather and he could have worked but simple did not show up or call. The hole was dug fast and he seemed promising at first. Then we apparently upset him by my contractor calling him to find out when he will be done and why it was taking so long. ( not under my instruction) after that it was down hill , he had an attitude and was very rammy he completed the work, but with the bulldozer ran into the corner of the block ruining that,an into a tree in my yard ,that he ripped out and tossed to the side and covered up 2 of my gardens (that were clearly fenced around to be avoided, i even told him to avoid tree and gardens) originally he bid was for $4500 tops, he ran into a bit more work than expected with our back step having to be taken out it took 1 man 5 hours to get rid of it He added $800 for this . we asked to have the space sealed and he charged and additional $800 for this we asked to have a window cut so have entry to the crawl space . He charged $500 . At many different times i asked to make sure grading the yard was included he said "yes the yard will be graded " at those times later at pay off time all of a sudden they were not, and he charged another $500 for grading. in total he was paid $7100 not $4500 . at all times the debris removal was part of the job. when i later called him to ask him if the yard had been graded and when he would take away the debris he started saying the job is finished. The debris was placed on in the alley on my neighbors pad taking up their parking space they had agreed to let us use this for a short period of time , but not to leave it there. My carpenters started working on building on nov11th and needed the nuts for securing the bottom plate to the flooring, I sent him a text asking about them to which he sent me a text back saying" the guys accidentally threw them on the truck and he would drop the off tomorrow, and pick up the dirt as well" he never came to get the dirt/concrete debris.I tried calling texting , calling from other #'s but no response. it has been 2 weeks i finally reached him yesterday to talk to him about coming to get it again he said " jobs finished" when i said no he promised to come back and get the dirt he started making personal attacks about myself, family , life , husband and children. very inappropriate since I was only talking to him about his work and business . i ended the conversation but did resend him the text i received from him of november 11th saying he was coming to get the dirt but no response. I also asked if the grading had been done already to which his response was " jobs finished" i asked what the yard would look like had I not paid you to grade my yard? he said " like ***" I said well thats exactly what I have here, my yard looked better before he started. Also when they cut the hole into the cement wall for the crawl space Michael kept assuring me that the mess of dust would be minimal, I taped an area off for the work to be done. My husband who also works construction said the workers should have made their own work space and been responsible for cleaning up after themselves. They made no effort to secure the space any further and began cutting, without turning off the furnace . The dust went everywhere 2 weeks later Im still dealing with this. The dust was sucked into the brand new vent work and is covering the inside of all my vents throughout the house.
ID
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article