Podiatrist-Michael Prado

I dropped my 19 year old son off at the office of Michael Prado, Podiatrist, Chico, CA., to take care of an ingrown toenail. This doctor ordered an x-ray of the foot, then scheduled a second appointment a week later to take care of the ingrown toenail. The reason I'm pissed is this doctor was padding the bill with unnecessary procedures (x-ray) and charges (two appointments) for something that should and could have been taken care of in ONE visit. For crying out loud, it was an ingrown toenail on a healthy 19 year old male, not a geriatric, diabetic patient with complications ! An x-ray and 2 visits were totally inappropriate!!! When I picked up my son and he told me what happened, I was so pissed I made an appointment for my son with another podiatrist in town. He took care of the ingrown toenail in one visit without an x-ray and not requiring a second office visit. It's been over 3 months and the kid is fine, no problems. When I canceled the appointment with Prado's office they asked why and I told them. They said the insurance would pay for the visits, so why was I upset? I replied that I felt Prado was bill padding and that was wrong. Later, the insurance declined to pay for the x-rays done by Prado because they said it wasn't necessary for an ingrown toenail. He probably is a competent podiatrist, but in my opinion, he's padding the bill with unnecessary procedures and office visits.
ID
#199985 Review #199985 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Chico, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article