Verified Reviewer

Bad investment advice / land banking scam

Richard Cayne is a terrible, incompetent investment advisor! He recommended that I put money in a Thailand land banking project called Royal Siam Trust. The information that he gave me was false and the investment turned out to be a scam. I lost a lot of money because of his terrible advice and carelessness. I strongly recommend that you stay well away from Richard Cayne and any company associated with him (Meyer Asset Management, Meyer International, Asia Wealth Group, BTS Property Group, Cryptovation X). More detailed information can be found here: https://whitesandsbeach-heartofthematter.blogspot.com/2019/07/royal-siam-trust-white-sands-beach.html?m=1 And here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7115O0pJESk
ID
Cons
  • False information
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

Bad investment advice

Richard Cayne of Meyer Asset Management gave me bad investment advice. He recommended that I invest in a Thai land banking investment called Royal Siam Trust. The information he provided was inaccurate and the investment itself turned out to be a scam. I lost a lot of money because of his terrible investment recommendation.

Richard Cayne is originally from Montreal but his business was located in Tokyo, Japan before he relocated to Bangkok, Thailand where he currently resides.

ID
#1619410 Review #1619410 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Montreal, Quebec
Cons
  • False information

Richard Cayne of Meyer Asset Management Fought for Me

My wife and I live in Japan and are active investors. We aren’t rich, I’d say we are “comfortable” having invested carefully and methodically since I retired 11 years ago with a solid though not enormous pension. We met Richard Cayne of Meyer Asset Management in Tokyo Japan, in 2006 and were impressed by his attention to detail and conservative, yet forward-thinking advice about investing and planning for the future. At our first meeting with him, he answered our questions, and really listened to us. He didn’t try to sell us on any particular investment and was more interested in completely understanding our particular needs and goals than he was getting our business. The one blemish in this good news story has been our investment in a real estate development in Trat, Thailand called White Sands Beach Company marketed by Royal Siam Trust. Due to the criminal actions of its owner/developer Gregory Pitt, and with the help of a handful of associates like Daniel Kennedy and James DeCarlo, we appear to have lost our entire investment. When I say “criminal actions” I mean it literally, as Mr. Pitt has now been sentenced to 18 years in prison in Thailand. He and his cohorts are actual “criminals.” Like I said, I am an active investor and understand that you win some and lose some. I also know that investment advisers bear little responsibility for the criminal actions of the owners of a business you invest in. My understanding of this is what makes me so grateful and appreciative to Richard Cayne. Richard has done something that is never done. He has taken the burden of fighting for justice for me and all of the investors who were stolen from by the Pitt-Kennedy-DeCarlo gang. He has shouldered both the financial burden of pursuing them as well as the personal burden of his time to fighting for us. I have some idea how much the legal fees have been to bring these crooks to justice. And I can only imagine how much of his time it has taken. I am grateful to Richard Cayne. What he has done for all of us who invested in White Sands Beach is extraordinary.

I'm afraid I cannot agree with what the OP has said here: "I also know that investment advisers bear little responsibility for the criminal actions of the owners of a business you invest in." Investment advisors have to make sure that they provide accurate and up to date information about investment products so that their clients are able to make informed decisions about managing their money. Fact checking and due diligence are imperative.

The information provided by Richard Cayne about Royal Siam Trust was wrong! According to the Royal Siam Trust website, "With over US$500 million of land under management, Royal Siam Trust has a history dating back to 1955 as being one of the most prestigious land managers in the Kingdom." Not so! Royal Siam Trust was set up in 2004. The FAQ page on the old website also stated that "If individual owners wish to sell prior to the group selling to a developer or entering into a Joint Venture with a developer, owners will be free to sell to anyone they wish in the same manner to which they bought (subject to approval by Royal Siam).

Royal Siam will also be happy to offer assistance in finding a buyer as we have many clients who are keen to purchase prime Land (sic)." These claims were also false. When I asked Richard Cayne about selling my "units" in Royal Siam Trust, he replied that "the current situation is that Royal Siam have stopped doing international sales anymore and WSB is closed to new business. As such WSB is not able to offer any resale at present and investors will have to wait for the primary exit strategy which has always been when a developer comes in to buy the whole project then all shareholders will get their pro rata return." Richard Cayne gave me information that turned out to be false and caused me to lose a lot of money as a result.

So it really doesn't matter that he is "fighting" for investors. After all the damage he has caused, that is the very least he should be doing!

There is no "Jonathan Silver". There is only a shill. A planted post.

Pitt had a partner in his long ***.

Another false post.

This is a shill. The *** artists were many. The ringleader has yet to be apprehended.

I appreciate Richard Cayne efforts as a professional financial consultant and respect his business acumen. There are very few professionals out there who would get so deeply involved in helping their clients as Richard has done.

I fully support his efforts and actions.

Daniel Corla

Tokyo Japan

Get Valium (Diazepam) tablets online. Cheapest Valium without prescription.

Reduce your stress with anti-anxiety tablets: Valium dosage, side effects. Buying Valium online will stop your anxiety forever.

Simply buy Valium without prior prescription needed and beat panic. Huge bonus if ordered today!

I too have had a very good experience with the advice of Richard Cayne of Meyer Asset Management Ltd. I live in Tokyo with my Japanese wife and one child.

I work for a small company and my income is higher than the average business consultant. Much like the individual below I too have experienced not only good financial advice from Richard and his firm but my wife and her family as well. Richard is very responsive and always got back to me the same day when I enquired either by email or to his office. In addition his advice is very tailored to our situation and not your average cookie cutter type responses that many financial planner dish out.

My understanding is that Richard normally deals with very high net worth people and families and I can see that his quality to detail and service is very high so not surprise. Frankly what I am surprised about is that he agrees to take on smaller clients like myself from time to time.

I am quite appreciative of that and of our relationship with him. I am proud to say I deal with Richard Cayne at his current Meyer International company in Bangkok Thailand and have no reservation in recommending his services to anyone.

Regards

Jonathan Silver

Richard Cayne has been my financial advisor for well over 10 years and my experience with him through Meyer Asset Management Has been very good. He fought for me once on a very different matter with an investment company that I had invested with and was trying to say that my withdrawal missed the cut off date which would not have been as favorable for me as the following monthly withdrawal date and Richard stepped in and negotiated with the investment company relentlessly until they agreed to give me the correct and following month pricing which resulted in an extra US$11,000 profit for me.

From this and his timely responses to all my queries my experience has been a great one and I look to his advice going forward.

Whatever the fight he is on I am sure he will pull through for these real estate investors in Thailand. Richard does not give up and I for one would want to have him fighting on my side.

So whoever this Greg Pitt character is should be making a deal with Richard and these investors. I have read Richard has already obtained an 18 year prison sentence so far for Mr Pitt which sounds like a victory in itself but Richard will definitely not let go of his goals for these investors which appears to be getting the real estate investment back to them.

Richard Cayne is helping hundreds of investors out here unselfishly and sticking his neck way out further than any others I know would have. He's very much a hero in my mind as he's had to take abuse from ignorant jealous and racist *** in Japan. He's had to endure threats of physical harm to him and his family as well as harassment on the Internet by these anonymous cowards. Yet he still perseveres for his clients and investors who have come to him asking for his help. He hasn't charged investors anything for his time or efforts.

If every one in a hundred people was as good a person as he is then this would would be a better place on earth. I cannot thank you enough and I invite the support of all others you are currently helping. They are there behind you. Please continue to help us.

Sincerely

WSB Investors

View more comments (16)
Tokyo, Japan
Pros
  • Richard cayne
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Good quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article