Outrageous prices

Great physical therapy but watch out for their billing department. They charged me $740 for 13 appointments because of a screw up in my insurance paper work. They were totally unhelpful and unsympathetic about it; the fact that I'll have to take out a loan to pay that large a bill mattered to no one. They make you sign something the first day, before they ever run your insurance or tell you what they charge, that says you agree to pay whatever they charge you no matter what, and they don't ask for the copay at the end of your appointment like every other doctor, instead saying they'll bill you later. Seemed shady but I was desperate to see a physical therapist to cure my headaches. Lesson learned. Didn't get the first bill until more than half my appointments were over and by the time I finally figured out what had happened (no help from them) I had already stopped going. I feel like I got scammed. Oh and the stress headaches are back, go figure.
ID
Champaign, Illinois
Loss

Unprofessional, No Business Knowledge, Questionable Practice

This so called Health/Fitness Center is centered strictly on the bottom line and not the customer. I have never seen such poor customer service,from "bottom to top". I have to say they have great marketing that sucks you in then "boom" it blows up in your face. Think twice before putting yourself in a bad position. There are so many other health & fitness centers you can go to that will walk you through step by step what they can deliver in service. The cost is beyond reasonable. Please, make sure you do your due diligence before you sigh any commitments.

I had a very similar experience with them. They do not care if the bill they send is outrageous, they are sending it anyway.

ID
Chicago, Illinois

About

Summary

Mettler Center, LLC is a large fitness center. The company was founded by Paul Mettler in 1990. It is headquartered in Champaign, Illinois, United States of America. Mettler Center specializes in individual fitness programs and physiotherapy. It offers group exercise classes, one-on-one personal training, weight loss programs, massage therapy, medical services and more. Mettler Center provides innovative physical therapy to people suffering from physical mobility problems and injuries. Yoga sessions are also available at the center. The company offers a number of membership options including General Membership, Personal Best Membership, Young Adult Membership, Short-Term Membership, and Get Fit Membership. The mission of the company is as follows: "Transforming the lives of the people we serve".

Mettler Center reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article