Debra R Mar
map-marker Mineola, Texas

Amazingly POOR service

We were hit by a Metlife insured motorist and our car was totaled. We tried calling dozens of times to the adjusters (of which we had many changes in just a few weeks) and had no uninitiated calls from them. We would leave messages and wait days for return calls The claims dept. was less than helpful in understanding the process and we have had to fight (and are continuing to fight) 7 weeks after our accident. We will never be able to replace our vehicle for what they are giving us as the used car market is hot and prices are outrageous.
Loss:

Preferred solution: To make our total loss claim appropriate. We have had to argue every point and are SO FRUSTRATED. The claims agent has not been truthful or helpful on many occasions. I am looking up state ins codes to make our case. The service is HORRENDOUS>

User's recommendation: Dont use Metlife and hope you don;t get hit by someone insured with Metlife (Farmer's Ins. now)

Halana R Smq

Verified Reviewer

TIT FOR TAT

I would not accept MetLife home and auto insurance and they cancelled my life insurance policy and then sent my information to DMV telling them that my vehicle was uninsured. How petty? And metLife's rate was more than the insurance i had on my car, and then they sent my policy payments to a collections agency for payment. AMAZING, corruption at its finest.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Martin B Hpa
map-marker Wilmington, North Carolina

Bad customer service. After paying w/o fail they said they canceled my policy before hurricane Florence. Although they kept taking the payment. They claim they sent a notice they were raising the rates and they didn't get it back. So they cancelled the policy back in May. Yet they kept taking the payment for the insurance w/o letting me know there was an issue. Companies like Metlife are fleecing their clients during this disaster making up excuses to not payout after taking in the premiums all along. We've never missed a payment and were never late because it was a payroll deduction, still they are looking for excuses to not cover us when we needed. How many more people are they doing this to. Where is the insurance commissioner on this? He has no problem when they ask to raise rates. How about helping the people of North Carolina during this disaster. Is he supposed to look out for us too or just the insurance's billions of dollars in profits on our backs. Remember, Metlife you cannot depend on them when you need them. Seek an insurance company that will be there when it counts not make excuses as to why they won't help.
Reason of review:
Metlife refusing to cover losses after taking payments all year.

Preferred solution: Make good on my policy. Not refuse coverage. They took payments all along.

Martin B Hpa

Company should be investigated as to how many claims they are refusing w/ bogus excuses to people suffering w/ Florence's after mat.

Christine B Wrv

They take your payments then run

Metlife Direct is an online only auto and home insurance division of Metlife. When you get a quote from them (they use NerdWallet and other sites to get a quote to customers) and you make the first payment for insurance, everything stops at that point. You are unable to access your insurance documents. You are unable to speak to a human being (I was on hold five hours, a record I think), and emails are only responded to with an automatic message. If you try to call a different division of MetLife, those agents will tell you that Metlife Direct is a separate division that they have no access to, and they cannot get you to a live customer service person. I am having to dispute the charge to my bank, and want nothing to do with anything MetLife ever again. ***
Problem with delivery

Preferred solution: Full refund

Insurance Expert Talks

Exposed: Types of Insurance Scams and Fails

Mar 7, 2021

In this video interview, Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney, explains what sort of insurance fraud happens with consumers. Find out more about insurance fraud, the worst cases discovered, and how to protect yourself from insurance scam.

Read full article
Charles
Charles

Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney and managing partner with Gallagher & Associates. His practice focuses on insurance litigation, foreclosure defense and consumer law.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article