VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE & DISRESPECFUL STAFF!

Merry Anns Diner - VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE & DISRESPECFUL STAFF!
On Monday Labor Day August 2nd around 10 a.m. I went into the Merry Ann's diner located on Gregory Street and ordered a meal. I explained to the waitress that I needed to run an errand and would come back I specifically asked her when the order would be ready for purchase and pick up and she told me approximately 5 to 10 minutes. So I set my clock to bring me back in 15 to 20 minutes just to be on the safe side. When I came back and asked about the order she told me that it wasn't ready yet and that they were very busy. So I didn't make a big deal about it and left a second time to run another errand and figured I would come back in another 30 to 45 minutes. Upon my third arrival I asked for the meal that I ordered and the waitress came up to the cash register and told me it was ready but couldn't find the bag with the food in it. She talked to another waitress and found out that that waitress accidentally gave my order to someone else. Then after I had waited three quarters of an hour only to find out that they gave my order to the wrong person she had the audacity to ask me for my credit card as if I'm going to pay for that type of service and wait another 30 minutes to an hour for them to hand my food off to someone else. I asked her why she would think that I am going to swipe my card for a meal that isn't prepared,and I don't have after waiting nearly an hour and she muttered something under her breath and walked away from the counter leaving me there without an apology or telling me that they were going to make me a new order. I was very offended and instead of wasting my time arguing I simply walked out. Based on that experience I will not be visiting that particular restaurant ever again there did not appear to be any Management on staff just cooks and waitresses and perhaps that's the problem as to why the customer service is so poor.
ID
Cunningham, Illinois
Service
Merry Anns Diner Waiter
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article