Merchant Services Reviews

Show reviews that mention
card credit business credit card cancellation fee charge service account information
Filter review

Merchant Services SUCKS

So these people call my business like three times a day usually 2-3 times per week. I have told them several times to NOT CALL ME. And I said this very nicely. No need to be rude to someone who's only doing their job! So they call again.....well I told the man I was talking to that I have told them several times not to call my business and that I wasn't interested. His response? "You're a bold face liar." I said...excuse me? He said "you must be new at your job, maybe you should try NOT lying..." and then hung up on me. How unprofessional can you possibly be??? I called the number back that he called me from and the man I talked to told me that it was impossible because they are on a recorded line. I said well that's funny because I AM CALLING BACK THE NUMBER HE CALLED ME FROM. He apologized and so on and so forth but of course, nothing came of it. Whoever I spoke to made be feel very uncomfortable....not only do they call me 6 times a week after I've told them not to, but NOW they are calling me and saying I'm a LIAR and accusing me of things I don't do. This is a very desperate person, obviously. Not the company's fault I guess but when someone tells you to put them on your DO NOT CALL list....perhaps you shouldn't call.
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Reason of review
Poor customer service

MARK SODON MERCHANT SERVICES ARRESTED MULTIPLE TIMES

MARK SODON MERCHANT SERVICES ARRESTED MULTIPLE TIMES
I trusted this man with my business handling my credit card transactions and just found out he was arrested multiple times!!! I could find two arrest records on line. Once for violent assault and another for DUI. God knows what else he did that I can't find on the internet. He has all my financial information. I run a small business in upstate NY and now i'm worried. I can't afford to be scammed by an obvious con artist. I guess this will teach me to go with a well known company instead of one with 1 or 2 people. I found this link so other business owners don't think I'm making this up. http://jail.com/arrest-records/mark-sodon-594****

Bashing some inst what we do but we will inform the industry of people like you! Nice try we all know how and what you are, DUI that's FUNNY!

Mark Sodon is one of the worst lairs in the cash advance business.He owes a number of lenders that he worked for money for steeling deal, and is being sued by 6th Ave Cap.

Along with the other criminal reports and arrest records, my advice is to stay FAR FAR away from this guy unless you want him to steel or take advantage of you!

He claims this is all tabloid sites and it doesn't mean anything...My answer for that is do your own due diligent or why take a chance with someone like this...to much competition in the market place to hire a guy like this ...just not worth the risk!!!! Just Saying!

@PissedConsumer1369762

Can you please give me more information on this guy....I have had a merchant loan and he says he is the owner of the company. He is purposely trying to have me defaulted so he can charge me the insane default fees.

His broker told me that if I needed assistance due to late invoice payments they would be very helpful with a resolution to assist me....This did not happen and I was immediately told too Bad I will default you. I was bullied as well.....How do I find out about his arrests and his business dealings and what he really is????

this shows that he was arrested for a dui??? are you being serious here or just trying to bash someone for no reason

Mark Sodon is one of the worst lairs in the cash advance business. He owes a number of lenders that he worked for money for steeling deal, ACH fees etc.....

Mark Sodon is also on ripoff report with a mugshot for fraud, tampering with legal documents and identity theft

How has your experience been with actually the services so far? Are you still using them today?

We have been using them for about 18 months and have had a good experience so far. I've known Mr. Sodon for some time and he has been incredibly helpful with our business. If a DWI is the prerequisite to what your defining him as, then we have a bigger issue in the world today.

Seems a bit gossipy to just make an anonymous post.

As a customer and professional acquaintance of him and his company, allow me to correct some inaccuracies posted above. The company is a very well-known national company and isn’t composed of just 1-2 people. This is a company that is very involved with many social and financial organizations and have an incredible approach to business.

I suggest visiting one of their customer centers in person if anyone has doubts or concerns. My guess is that you'll be impressed.

Have you made any attempt to contact them with your concerns?

@PissedConsumer959209

I don't know who responded to this but they are spreading a lot of bull. This company is a joke.

They were kicked out of their office in Downtown Binghamton. I run into people daily that have worked for fusion and have had horrible experiences working for them. I see now they have closed down their website thefusionway. Bottom line don't trust them.

If you are processing with them I recommend you look elsewhere. Mark Sodon is no longer working for fusion or if he is he took on a second job.

@PissedConsumer1102248

Haha, Mark is probably the one who originally replied to this. Stay clear of doing business with Fusion, Mark Sodon or John Lomax. It's a waste of your time and money.

View more comments (7)
Melville, New York
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Merchant Services thru ipayment ripoff

Absolutely do not sign up for credit card processing thru ipayment who uses Merchant Services. They are low life scammers that will promise minimum monthly fees and then once they have your bank information, they started chaging me for outrageous bogus fees. I cancelled my service in August and they are still drafting fees from my business account. Their service was so complicated for our small business to use, that we cancelled the service without ever processing the first charge. However, they have billed us for some bogus charge every month including the month after we had already cancelled our service. Their justification was that the cancellation was not signed by the right person and we didnt complete a survey that month which carries a $30 fee. UNBELIEVABLE We intend to pay an attorney before we let these lowlifes screw us!
Chantilly, Virginia
Loss

Merchant services lied to me to force me into getting new credit card processing equiptment

My representative at Merchant Services aka Evo Merchants,aka E-stream, in cahoots with Northern leasing, aka about 22 other names, lied to me and said the processing equipment I owned and had been using for years was illegal to use and I had to get a new machine. His name is Mark Enger. I never got a copy of the "lease". He told me it was a month to month and I could return the machine anytime.When I found out he was lying, I did return the equpment and oh boy they are ruthless. They are now threatening me with a lawsuit. They are impossible to talk to. I was sent a copy of a lease that does not look familar, but yet has my signature on it. Check out World Law Direct Website if you have had any experiences with these crooks. There is a class action lawsuit being formed in SanFrancisco.

My friend, look at all documents, that you can recall, as having signed. Then compare your signatures against the one on the lease agreement.

You'll probably find that two of those signatures are structured or pen-stroked precisely alike.

This is due to them forging a signature onto lease agreement, from another document.

I attest that this IS TRUE, from witnessing it myself, along with others, that have worked with these CROOKS. This behavior is known, not just by the local offices, but also bu Ray Sidham, CEO of EVO.

Santa Rosa, California

Cancelled service in Feb 08 and still receiving charges.

We were told on the phone that as long as we cancelled our service before our anniversary date of Feb 9. there would be no charges for continued service. Our account was debited at the end of February for an annual service charge and monthly charge, in spite of no activity after Feb 7th. I called customer service and was told that verbal cancellation was not enough, even though they had to verify who I was. I was told I had to fax them a cancellation request and that they would not refund the annual charge ($99.00) nor the monthly service charge or the online access charge (which I am unable to access). They debited my account again this month for the Minimum Discount fee of $25.00 and the Customer Service fee of $10.00 and an online access fee of $9.95, which I am still unable to access. Buyer Beware! When I call them again i know they will say they didn't get the fax although it went through. I am pissed!

I, too, have been charged a cancellation fee because my written request for termination did not include my signature. There were no withdrawals from my account (the same $25+$10/mo.) for the next four months.

So I thought everything was finished. Then suddenly the $35 kicked in again. I called, wrote (a letter [signed!] they said they didn't receive), sent another "return receipt requested" and finally they charged the "early cancellation fee" of $245.00 taken directly from my account. Talking today to Stephanie trying to get credit for at least the $245, she said, well, we need to look at the four months you weren't charged"!!!

Buyer Beware, indeed. Do not do business with them.

Boston, Massachusetts

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article