Two Failed Move in Dates

Hi my name is Brent Johnson I originally was suppose to move into Mercer Place Apartments in Norcross Ga on 9/13/2014. I could not move into my unit because the leasing agent (Alice) did not give me the unit I originally requested on the application. Due to this incident I was unable to move into my apartment on the original move in date. The second move in date I was givin was 9/20/2014. On 9/19/2014 I went to Mercer Place Apartments to verify if they had received my employment verification letter due to the fact that I had called the leasing office multiple and no one returned my phone calls. I asked the leasing agent (Claudia) "Is the apartment available for viewing?" Claudia, was unable to find the key for the unit. Out of curiosity, I decided to view the unit on my own. After discovering an unlocked unit, I was horrified to also discover that the unit had not been renovated since the last tenants vacated the premises. The walls contained holes and had not been painted. The bathroom was unacceptable, the kitchen cabinets could not be shut, a closet door failed to open, and the carpet contained some type of black residue on it. For a first time renter like myself this experience has been a disaster. I wanted to confront the leasing manager on 9/20/2014 (my move in date) about my discovery of the apartment but the leasing office was closed. This apartment complex has proven to me that they are unorganized, unprofessional, and very incompetent towards new tenants. Due to this unprofessionalism, I had to make arrangements to move into a different apartment complex. I request that I get compensated every fee that I have paid to this facility. These fees are the, administrative fee ($150.00), the holding fee (100.00) the first time renters fee ($200.00) and I also request back the application ($50.00). These fees total at a sum of $500.00. If I am not compensated for these funds I will be taking the matter to small claims court. I have receipts of all the funds, the proof of the move-in dates with the units and pictures of the unit that I was promised on 9/20/2014. This experience for me has been a complete disater and I will never recommend others to go thru the same experience I went thru. I have found another apartment complex who's services have been very good to me. All I ask is for my money back. Thank for allowing me to provide you with this information. I will no longer require your services.
ID
Norcross, Georgia
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article