Stay away from Service Dept.

On two occasions I've attempted to use the Service Department at MB of NOLA. I originally contacted MB of NOLA because the check engine light came on and I was having an issue with the sunroof. The vehicle was at the dealership for almost two weeks and I had to initiate virtually all communication. The vehicle was returned to me without the wind deflector portion of the sunroof. Just didn't bother putting it back on and I didn't initially realize it was missing since this was in December and I was undergoing surgery and follow-up treatment for cancer, so not using the car much less sunroof. Also, the Check Engine light came back on while driving home from the dealership. The second visit was to give them an opportunity to correct initial lacking service and to perform regular B maintenance. The vehicle has always been dealer maintained and I hoped that the initial problem was a fluke and due to being really backed up, as the reps claimed. Second visit I was told that there are now numerous codes related to the Check Engine alert. Some of which supposedly the same as the previous visit. The problem with that claim is that I was told on the original visit that the Check Engine light was simply a software update and now clear. The bottom line is that I spent almost $3K in two visits and the Check engine light is still on and I'm missing a deflector for the sunroof. The Service Rep has not bothered to respond to my text explaining all of the above. The dealership may be great for purchase, but if you need maintenance/service, look elsewhere.

Are you actually, truly surprised ? I was at one time a Mercedes-Benz customer.

The quality control dropped like stone in the pond between 1987-****.

Dealership maintenance service suffered as well ; you can't polish *** The issue of cost became glaring as every service either cost double the local going rate for similar operations or yielded some nasty surprise many of which became recurring issues as you have indicated. My final car, a 198* ***SEL, had brakes (and a sunroof) that squealed like a garbage truck (never adequately addressed) and was equipped with inadequate tires.

@PissedConsumer1671076

Yes, I was very much surprised, as this experience was completely inconsistent with service calls at the original dealership. I have had virtually no issues with what has been an extremely dependable vehicle.

View more comments (1)
ID
District 5, Louisiana
Service
Mercedes Benz Of New Orleans Car Repair
Pros
  • Staff was courteous
Cons
  • Original parts not replaced
  • Failure to complete requested service
  • Check engine and parking lamp alerts after leaving
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article