Unneeded Repair

I took my car to the merecedes dealer to have it repaired because it was choking off. They told me that it was the Mass airflow sensor. I had it replaced. I took it home and the problem continued. I took it back the dealer had my car for two days and they told me that it was not choking off. I picked the car up and took it home the problem continued. However, at this time they to me that I had a oil leak and that I needed to replace the motor mounts. I took my car to have this done and during this time they noticed that the car was stilling choking off. They said that it might be the computer so, told them ok to the repair. They told me that the total cost would be $2749 at that time. The service manager, Steve told me he would call me as soon as the pair gets in. I didn't here from him for about a week or so. I went by the shop to check he told me that it had came in and the car was still having problems. They kept the car for another two weeks. He finally called me to say that the problem was a stopped up filter. I feel that I have been made to pay for work that was not needed. The final quote was $3949.00. The real problem was the filter which only cost $80 not $3949.00.
ID
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article