Horrible

Mercedes Benz of Austin told me over the phone that the B service on a GL450 would be a minimum of $411 and consisted of an Oil and filter change plus a lot of checks (Fluids, leaks, joints, etc). When I responded that an oil change couldn't possibly cost $411 I was told. That is the minimum and if you don't do the work at a Mercedes dealer it affects your warranty. Then I was told that at 35,000 miles I should also expect it to need a brake job since the inspections would likely reveal that the pads were below spec thickness wise. This is just plain theft, threatening that the warranty will be impacted if I use someone else to avoid a $411 oil change. Who ever heard of a car needing new brakes at 35,000 miles under normal usage and how can they predict that without seeing the car?

After 35,000. miles depending on how you drive YES!!

Your front brakes may need to be changed. As I am sure you probably know....The front brakes take the most impact on stopping the car, Period. It doesn't matter what kind of car you drive actually.

I have ALWAYS been impressed with my Mercedes repair men! They know what they are doing!

@PissedConsumer1556988

And you're the kind of customer Mercedes Benz dealer repair shops love to make BIG $$$ off of.

View more comments (1)
ID
Service
Mercedes-Benz Of Austin Oil Change
Cons
  • Service cost
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss

Mercedes-caused Fire

We took car in for 100k service and maintenance into Mercedes of Austin. They found leak in the valve cover gasket and replaced, which necessitates removal of gas line. After getting the car, my wife complained of small of gas, and was told to ignore it, that it would go away. Next day a fire totaled the car. Fire inspector determined cause of fire was gas leak where gas line connects to valve cover (what a coincidence). Mercedes refused to take responsibility and only returned the value of the invoice and said, "you should be happy, the refund and insurance money will give you enough to get a decent car." They would not help with a rental car or offer any further help, except to help me "buy another car" from their dealership. They did not care that they put my wife and family at danger. They match poor service, poor responsiveness, and poor workmanship with inability to "do the right thing."
ID
Austin, Texas
Product
Mercedes Benz Car
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article