Disability Discrimination

We stopped in because we were very serious and ready to adopt a kitty. We were attacked at the door because we didnt have a mask on due to our medical exemptions. The woman tried to shame us for not wearing 1 followed by comparing her meducal issues to ours but she still wears one. She has absolutely NO idea what our medical issues were and they were raising their voices at us in front of everyone. I understand it is a private business, but if I had employees that treated customers the way they treated us, they would have been fired. I would be humiliated if that was who I had working for and representing my company. Not only is it a medical exemption, it is also against our religion to cover our faces, which by law could result in a lawsuit against you for Religious discrimination. The Constitution states that nobody can refuse service to anyone with religious exemptions. I have told everyone I know and will continue to tell people how this company treated us.

User's recommendation: Go directly to a shelter/rescue to adopt a pet. Do not go to places who discriminate for any reason.

#1921906

You cannot argue with true believers. Just don't shop at places that hire hysterical employees. And, remember this experience come November 3.

ID
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Disability Discrimination and extreme unprofessionalism

I understand that it is a private business, BUT, there are professional and unprofessional ways of handling things. These people chose to be extremely unprofessional, embarrassing, and hurtful. The experience we just had today with these extremely rude and unsympathetic people was appalling. They were pretty much yelling at us in front of everyone. My husband and I can't wear masks due to our medical disabilities. We were very serious about a kitty, and we have never been treated anywhere so horribly the way they treated us. I've never seen DISABILITY DISCRIMINATION over a mask that I saw today. I would be so ashamed of their behavior if they were employees of mine, and they would be terminated. To treat people like they are trash because they have disabilities is not acceptable and I will tell everybody I know what they did to us. The woman even tried to compare her disabilities to ours and SHAME us because she wears her mask for "8 hrs a day". Good for you. I hope your pathetic paycheck is worth risking your health more over a nasty mask. She has no idea what our medical issues are so clearly if you can wear 1 that long, yours isn't that serious. Shame on them for discriminating. They were both very nasty, hateful people. I would never adopt a pet from such nasty, cruel, and judgmental people!

User's recommendation: Dont go there. If youre interested in adopting a cat, go directly to the shelter or rescue.

ID
Service
Meowza Cat Boutique Customer Care
Cons
  • Nasty
  • Unprofessional employees and disability discrimination
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article