Memory Foam Mattress Reviews

Show reviews that mention
memory foam mattress memory foam slumberz beds internet beware china online companies
Filter review

Slumberz Beds / Durest Mattress - shoddy, poor quality

I bought a mattress from Slumberz Beds and didn't know the brand name of the mattress. Turns out it is Durest and is shoddy, poor quality, definitely not 3000 pocket springs nor memory foam. I chose Slumberz Beds because they stated on their website they only sell quality mattresses. I gave them the benefit of the doubt as I believe in internet shopping. But wow :( So disappointed, and the owner of Slumberz stands by the sale, saying I must be wrong and the mattress is great quality. Don't buy Durest and don't buy from Slumberz Beds. Stick with high street shops; too important to buy cheap and get sub-standard. This is people's lives these companies are messing up. Poor sleep and chronic back pain is so detrimental to life.

Absolutely terrible quality of mattresses and agreed with above comment!

Hi there,

sorry to hear that, had the exact same terrible experience, mattress is nothing like as advertise but the apparently manager "David" claims return is not applicable and refuse to comply with Consumer Right Act, is very poor service. Court is going to settle this though.

The operating of the company is suspicious and Trading Standards as been already informed.

You can report the fake advertising at ASA www.asa.org.uk that would be really helpful to save other consumers from such experience!

Best's

This customer complained that the mattress is softer than she would like. We offered a return and full refund if not satisfied. The customer is advised to contact Trading Standards if she feels that the mattress is not exactly as described on our website.

Slumberz Beds

View more comments (2)
London, England
Bad quality

Positive Experience Review

Really comfy mattress the price is great for the the thickness ... happy customer... so what if the company is a little dodgy.. what else are you expecting from a company that sells mattresses at a fraction of the cost!? :) :) :)
Greetland, England
Good quality

Bought last week a memory foam durest mattress

the delivery was fast, but the mattress is not good quality. Seems like is nothing inside, very bouncy and I got up with backache and I actually didn't sleep well in the whole night, woken up few times throughout the night. When I bought it off ebay it said that it is a sprung memory foam mattress and I believed it but the label on the mattress has not description of the material or percentage of memory foam, etc. I think it is not memory foam. Very disappointing! Ebay should not allow people selling fake things if they already know the problem.!

did you purchase from bed world ?/?

they really a sloppy company ..

would advise people to stay clear

London, England
Pros
  • Delivery was fast
Cons
  • Quality of mattress
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Bed-world memory foam mattress

These mattresses only contain springs kopek and stuffing. I havem opened one up and still can't find any memory foam in fact there is no foam at all. I contacted the sellers and they could only reply with the statement that the mattress had 2 inches of memory foam but again this was untrue.Aaaaaaaaaa fffffff bbbbbb nnnnnn hh uu yy bb ii bb gg oo rr cc hh gg hh yy uu oo yy e e e e e e e e e e eve e e e e e e e e e e e e e e

MEMORY FOAM: THE HOTTEST TREND IN MATTRESSES?

Woking, England

Memory foam was missing

I purchased a 10 inch Memory foam pocket sprung mattress from bed world aka durest Beds ltd and the content of foam was exactly zero. This was from ebay. I complained to the company but they insisted there was 2 inches of mem foam. Being truly peed off i took a sharp instrument to the said area where the foam should have been and guess what I found, kapok and stuuffing. As you can see someone is lying and you need to steer very clear of this company. We will see what ebay actually does about this seller. Anyone who has the same problem or has bought the same mattress please post here.

I have just bought a super King 1500 pocket sprung orthopaedic ( or that's what it's meant to be!) I have received this morning a pocket memory mattress and it looks from my detective work that it is 1000 sprung, I purchased this from beds.co.uk, world of beds delivered and when I have rung the number on my email it's another company. I think this group of companies is probably part of the dodgy sleepeze company that was closed down not long ago for having slave labour in the uk!

I am going to call them when their phone lines open later on and see what they have to say.

It seems to me it's the old *** trick of charging someone for an item and sending them a cheaper version and hope they don't notice!

#1119337

I've had exactly the same issue! This company are now trading as bedstar! The mattress is terrible, and there is not a trace of memory foam in it!

Dreadful company. One lie after another.

Durest Beds have an 0800 number, make use of it! 0800 028 ****.

Hi I bought the same bed and mattress from ebay Ie bed world and after 6 months the mattress has collapsed on both sides thus pushing down on the base pushing the hard board into the drawers ,when I contacted them all they will say is bring it back and we will repair or replace it ,I asked if I shown them pictures and payed for delivery could they just deliver a replacement which they refused as it is over 3 months old ,it means transporting a base and mattress about 150 mile round trip .just steer clear next time

@PissedConsumer1057721

I have just had the same problem with this company. I am disabled and my bed did what yours did. I have set up a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Durest-Bed-complaints-168414****466277/?ref=bookmarks

Total chavs, will not ever buy from them again.

No difference to buying from a gypsy caravan park!!

#1020163

This company s.smith / durest beds were knocking doors in kent, an old couple paid them 200.00 for what they thought was a quality mattress, shocking behaviour to be on the take from people well into their 80s ,who only gave a state pension fir income. telephone number in card is 07721 09**** if any one wants a contract number fir them.

I too have had trouble with this firm but it wasn't the mattress it was the divan drawers which were both smashed by the overuse of staples into plastic which held the fronts on .I got in touch with the firm and they sent replacements which were also both smashed.I ended up with 7 replacement smashed drawers in my house so I got in touch with them AGAIN they said they would rectify the matter by sending me some more drawers but as I already had 7 broken ones I didn't want replacement drawers as they were not fit for purpose so I left a negative feed back on e bay and then phoned them back to tell them to collect the bed and give me a refund they were annoyed because apparently they had seen my feed back and they told me that if I wanted to send the bed back I must pay the carriage myself .I said that why should I have to pay to send their shoddy goods back and they told me that if I wanted to send it back I had to pay the carriage .I have told Pay Pal about all this and if I get no joy I am phoning the office of fair trading as Bed world beds are not of merchantable quality.I suggest any one who has a problem with this firm should do the same

Came out of my house today (12.6.15) and was stopped my a guy in a white van called Austin asking if I wanted to buy a memory foam mattress for £160. As I have a 6ft zipped and linked bed and he only had doubles and kings I declined.

He must have had about 4 or 5 in his van. He asked if I knew anyone as he didn't want to take them back. He said his company, Durest, would make one to order and deliver Tuesday. Only bad things can happen from people offering you stuff out the back of a van.

They are either knocked off or not what they are purported to be.

Be careful out there, there are lots of dodgy people about. Do not buy from this company, do your home work.

Sorry you had a bad experience but I bought a dureat bwd a few years ago its a combination of latex springs and memory foam and its brilliant. Im disabled with back hip leg problems. ..its not the brand I.d guess these problems are due to being fake......

View more comments (35)
Woking, England

Memory foam mattresses

i am currently researching memory foam mattresses. i asked for a sample(was willing to pay for it) from some internet retailers including but not limited to e-mattress,sleepwarehouse.com,memoryfoamsource.com,selectabed,select foam,usa memory foam etc. i wanted to compare their product to Tempur-Pedic(which of course can be sampled in any major walk-in mattress retailer). they all refused. even though they all try to say their product is as good as Tempur, don't believe. they are very reluctant to have you compare their product to Tempur. i found out that many online retailers get their memory foam from China which uses different types of fill such as clay in their foam. they also don't abide by the same standards as the U.S. memory foam makers. BEWARE! DO NOT BUY A MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS FROM AN ONLINE SITE EVEN THOUGH IT SEEMS LIKE YOU WILL BE SAVING A LOT OF MONEY!

I got a bed from Durest as well, quality was terrible. The stitching was coming undone straight away.

I complained and they agreed to replace the mattress.

9 months later I am still trying to get it. Companies like this need to be avoided.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Loss

Failed to send a sample of their memory foam

be careful when buying a memory foam mattress from an internet site. i requested a 12" sample square(was willing to pay for it) from about 10 internet mattress sites such as but not limited to Sleep Warehouse, Memory Foam Source.com, Selectabed, eMattress, and Select Foam just to name a few.They all refused. I told them my reason was to compare their samples to the Tempur-Pedic. I can only assume they were afraid of the comparisson. Be careful when buying memory foam mattresses online. Many companies import their foam from China which may contain different fillers and be unsafe. BEWARE OF ONLINE MEMORY FOAM RETAILERS.
Scranton, Pennsylvania

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article