Mekshields Com Reviews

Show reviews that mention
computer number card phone credit screen people credit card program running infected because
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

Loss of computer

Update by user Oct 23, 2020

They continue to call me at all hours and tell me that my bank account and all my personal information will be stolen by morning. It never happened.

They don't want to help anyone but themselves. Still giving me the same story. I am hacked and they want me to let them into my computer to fix things.

I have since then removed their app from my computer and low and behold it now runs quicker. All they do now is make me mad.

Original review posted by user Sep 23, 2020
They have lied to me on every time they called. To do a check up???What is with that. They left a program running on a computer, I came back after a while, long while, attempted to go to another screen, it went black and I could hear it beeping. and then nothing. It had completely wiped out the memory of almost every item. Storage was gone. all the guy said that I had look at it was " never saw a hard drive wiped out that clean. " He would have to reboot the entire computer to get it running again. He said it would be cheaper to buy a new one. This company that left the program running told me it was my fault. I hit the wrong button. That all my computers were infected because they could not inspect my computer. That my SS number is hard wired into my computer and to any computer that I buy. And all my friends were now infected, because they are on the same network. They always give you the worst dooms day situation. To try and make you buy more and let them into your computer. DON'T TRUST THEM!! They would not give their physical address. The one they did give is BOGAS. They do not have American names. They are not even in the USA. Never do any business with this company. I wish someone would infect them for all the harm they to to people.

User's recommendation: !STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!

ID
Cons
  • It is not a business other than to scam you out of your money
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Pirated My Computer

I had them hi-jack my laptop and all of my work. Called the 866-656-**** number that pops up, the whole time on the phone they kept say "We are not a Microsoft Company" Needless to say we paid the $249.99! Now they call me daily trying to get back into my computer, harassing my over the phone. THEY ARE THIEVES, nothing more, I hope there's a very special place in *** for them!
ID
#2035905 Review #2035905 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Yucaipa, California

$499.99 for what?.

I have a charge on my credit card for $499.99 and I have no idea what it is for and of course you get no satisfaction.

User's recommendation: Avoid.

Are you a customer of the company? The review looks like you are writing on behalf of someone.

If you specify information related to any order we will be able to look it up and help with a resolution. Kindly advise.

ID
#1906055 Review #1906055 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Olivia, Minnesota

SCAM DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE

My computer was hacked by these people and I was scammed $249.99 in order for them to release my computer. They locked my computer and flashed this telephone number for me to call along with a loud recording saying NOT to turn the computer off that if I did I would lose my data.I was very upset because I was on my friend's computer and I didn't want to damage his computer.

Betty Poole has already disputed on 02/19/2020 with Mastercard Credit Card 535878******9044 in the amount of $249.99 and received the funds back. We are sorry to learn Betty Poole had such an experience and we truly feel sorry for it. The sales partner and their marketing tactics are being investigated.

ID
Cons
  • Scam
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Scam Computer Repair

A malicious warning appears on a computer user's screen, effectively blocking the ability to continue its use. Falsely, the banner describes non-existent problems, and to call a given number to "fix the computer" when in reality nothing needs repairing. The victim is duped into believing that the only way to fix and "protect" the equipment is to purchase a "support" plan that costs $898, to be paid in two installments. The victim agreed to pay $499 to clear the banner and receive future support. An in-depth analysis of the computer showed there were no issues, and in fact, at least 2 separate malware software applications were installed on the machine, by "InfoTech Solutions," "Mek Shields" aka Mek Tecj LLC, subsequently appeared on the credit card account, for $499. Phone calls to the company website are diverted to a location in Florida. Background check information reveals that a "Erykah Jamie Tuakimoana" is a principal of Mek Tech, and resides at the stated address. This activity specifically targets seniors and others with little technical expertise. This is ripe for Class Action litigation.

ID
Cons
  • Online computer technical support is a scam operation
Reason of review
Online, computer repair scam

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article