I received an energy bill from them for $577.38 Last month my bill was $77.

Mega Energy - I received an energy bill from them for $577.38 Last month my bill was $77.
I received an energy bill from Mega energyfor $577.38 Last month my bill was $77. I called mega energy and ask them why my bill went from $77.00 to 577.38 The answer was because its a variable rate. The simple answer was basically because they can. I asked if they could adjust the bill and they said no because you were on a variable rate. I asked them to cancel the account they said it will take one to two billing cycles. I kept getting the same answer your bill is high because you were on a variable rate and that is what we charge you because we can. I went round and round and asked to speak with a supervisor or manager and was told there is no supervisor or manager. I said so theres no supervisor or manager I can speak with who works at your facility at mega energy. The answer eventually was we do have one but they wont be in for two weeks. When in two weeks will they be in and what is the first name of the person that I will be speaking with. They put me on a hold for over five minutes came back and said the person will be in on Wednesday and I cannot give out any name. I said Im not asking for a last name just who am I speaking with on a Wednesday in two weeks. They gave me a run-of-the-mill email info@***.com and said I can send an email complaint. I asked who I should address to email to and the person on the phone said to whom it may concern. The Top of the bill says 549.28 But the total is 577.38. Last months bill was $77 so I sent them 100 total thinking Id have a little bit of money towards this bill.

User's recommendation: I asked who I should address to email to and the person on the phone said to whom it may concern.

ID
The Bronx, New York

WRONG Website & Organization Pissed Consumer Fails to Correct

The name, address & contact information Pissed Consumer lists is NOT correct, even though I notified them. Mega-Energy that is listed is NOT the provider of electricity. They are a NY State Agency which unfortunately named itself Mega. They are a state agency which regulates all utilities: So, IGNORE the incorrect contact information given on this site: http://www.megaenergy.org/contact-us/ info@***.org Headquarters Address: MEGA, Inc. P.O. Box 88 Ithaca, New York 14851 United States (518) 306-**** (518) 474-**** (607) 273-**** NONE of the ABOVE has anything to do with the rip-off PROVIDER of energy, which is Megaenergyllc.com, at 855-810-****. Go to their website, and they do not even PROVIDE their address. In addition, they list, at the bottom of their site, an address that has NOTHING to do with their company whatsoever. It gives the following, which is to PURA, a Consumer Affairs Unit. It's letters stand for the Public Utilities Regulatory Agency, that oversees electricity providers, and takes complaints about providers. Here is what Mega-Energy LLC DECEITFULLY & PURPOSELY puts on the bottom of their website, to try and fool you. "Application of Mega Energy of New England, LLC for an Electric Supplier License | PURA Contact Information: Ten Franklin Square, New Britian, CT 06051, phone: 800-382-****"
ID
New Britain, Connecticut
Cons
  • Deceitful doubling of the rate without notice
  • Deceitful rates offer comed clients a rate they double in 1 yr

Ripoff not even responded to by Mega-Energy