Don't rely on impact windows

Purchasing impact-rated windows based on the sales pitch will get you every time. They are tested to the same water penetration standards as regular windows. Impact windows still break, still leak and are 3-4 times as expensive to replace after they break. For these reasons they are a poor first line of defense against storm damage. An approved hurricane shutter system is the best way to protect any window (impact-rated or regular) against storm damage. Do your homework and do online research in window forums and learn from the lessons of other homeowners. Listening to those who rely on the window industry for their paychecks will not get you all of the facts.
ID
Product
Mediterranean Impact Windows Window
Reason of review
Bad quality

I,and twenty others had impact windows installed .leakeca.

Leak frm impact windows,not installed properly,or sealed.leaked.over all floors..company owner moez sola,and elton karaja,did not return complaint calls.sec.dee refuses to send anyone frm co.says glass mgf,is responsible.will email me their number.never received email.called,and wrote five times.very irrisponsible contractor.took mt 6000.$ fast.but no service.

20 other people have not called MIW about this situation

Everyone is understanding that this hurricane is an act of god and if there are moving parts, you will have some leakage especially if we have 185mph winds blowing and you are by the ocean

Noone blew you off

You would not losten when i was answering your questions and trying to talk to you politely

I have emailed you twice with the information and I offered for Moez to come there and you were extremely rude. I sent you the article about Impact windows that specifically states they are water resistant not water proof.

Complaining will not resolve anything and i have all day to answer everyone single one of your complaints You begged for lower pricing, hesitated to pay... we passed the building inspection which by the way is the states way of saying the installation was done perfectly up to code and up to standard Being petty about a vase 4 years ago now, is not nice at all. We never had a conversation about that and I’m sure Moez who by the way is the owner took care of that back then Like i told your mother, and i have never spoken to you either Joshua or anyone else from the Coral ridge tiwers original building.... we can come out there to recaulk the windows at a cost to her but that is not where the leak was happening.

It came from the moving parts which if needs to be rectified needs to be done by the factory service men Since she calls from a private number and refused to give a call back number or acknowledge emails sent. We have no way of contacting her

Very dissapointed,in miw inc.installed impact windows in my condo,in ft.lauderdale.4yrs ago.left,my hse dirty,did,not clean up after themselves.moez,installer,broke my antique vase,and never bothered to mention it.i had before and after pics.only after i reported it to co,did they address situation.hurricane irma just came,and all windows installed by mediterranean impact window inc.in oakland park florida.leaked damaged rugs and flooring.company blew me off.saying i was out of their one year warranty.and it was the glass mfg fault.glass was fine.installation by this co.was not.poor attitude,hung phone up on me.twenty other people told me they had same problem and co.will not honor their work.

View more comments (1)
ID
Oakland Park, Florida
Service
Mediterranean Impact Windows Installation
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article