Review about Expired Product Refund

Medifast rep lied and cheated me. Was told it was a free consult I signed up when I went in for refund within 3 days no refund and consult was $25. No one needs an extra blender or scale. And issued expired product. Said no refund as I may have tampered with it. I asked for a refund of the expired product. Can only exchange. I am out of $317.00. May each rep of medifast lose sleep for 317 days and nights.
ID
Houston, Texas

Can't get out of contract

On January 12, 2013, I went to Medifast in order to lose weight. My husband had lost 100 pounds in 5 months on the program a few years ago. After his long illness, then death, I had pretty much let myself go. I had gained approx 50 lbs, so I went into the facility in the Highlands. After listening to their program, I signed up and gave a deposit of $725.00. I started the program that day. It consists of 5 of their "meals" and one lean-green meal per day. I was doing fine, until I began to get sick on their food. I would get extremely gassy, stomach ache and nauseated. I was told by the counselor that I was just getting used to the diet and to take more probiotics--digestive health pills--which is also on the program. It only made it worse. After two weeks of trying, I got very ill and couldn't tolerate even smelling it. At that time, I consulted my doctor, who advised stopping the diet. When I asked for a copy of my contract, in order to see how to get out of it, I had to ask 3 times before I got a copy. It stated I could not cancel without having a doctor's note. I provided the doctor's note, however, still have not gotten my refund. To top it off, another $134.00 was withdrawn from my bank account last Friday. I was to be auto drafted that amount monthly until a total of $1900.00 was paid. I went into the program with great hopes to lose weight and get myself more healthy, however, through no fault of my own, I couldn't tolerate it. I keep getting the runaround and I don't have that kind of money to waste. I am 67 years old, a widow, and very sorry I couldn't do this, but I need help getting out of this contract. Thank you so much for listening.
ID
Richardson, Texas
Loss

About

Medifast Weight Control Centers Terms of Service
Welcome to the Medifast Web site ("Site"). PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE CLIENT'S USE OF MEDIFAST WEIGHT CONTROL CENTERS'S' WEBSITE CAREFULLY. The User's use of Medifast Weight Control Centers's' Site constitutes The Customer's agreement to follow and be bound by these terms (the "Agreement") made in Baltimore County, Maryland. By using the Site, The Customer agree to comply with this Policy and to indemnify Medifast against any claims by third parties arising from The User's violation of this Policy. In general, The Client must exercise judgment and responsibility with respect to The Customer's use of Company's Site. The Client of Medifast Weight Control Centers may only use the Site for lawful purposes and may not use the Site to harm others. Use the Site in violation of any law or regulation governing Medifast's business or activities, including without limitation the laws and regulations governing unfair competition, false advertising, consumer protection, obscenity, spamming, and privacy.
To read more: http://www.medifastcenters.com/termsConditions.asp
Medifast Weight Control Centers Privacy Policy
To read more: http://www.medifastcenters.com/privacy.asp
Summary

Medifast Weight Control Centers are aimed to help its clients reduce extra weight. It is a well-known fact that overweighted people suffer from dangerous diseases like heart strokes and diabetes. The only way out from such situation is to lose weight. Weight loss consultants can assist is selecting the most successful program and diet plan. Actually, there are many centers around the USA, so using easy search on the site. Clients can find the nearest location together with maps and directions. For those who hesitate and can not make up the final decision, there are success stories and testimonials from patinets who have considerably reduced an extra weight.

Medifast Weight Control Centers reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article