Resolved: Untrustworthy Company

Update by user Mar 21, 2018

One of the managers and I played phone tag for a couple of days until we finally got ahold of each other. She refunded me the money I was owed and was very polite about it.

To be %100 honest, if you INSIST on getting your money back and are PERSISTANT, you will. Worth $30 to me anyway.

Update by user Mar 21, 2018

I am posting this review almost 2 weeks later. The company refunded me the money I was owed and ended up being pretty professional about the whole thing.

Original review posted by user Mar 06, 2018
Some of the worst customer service I've ever received. I want to say the young girl on the phone was very polite and as helpful as she could be, but that was really only so much. Incredibly confusing website, product line and policies. As much as I hate to say it, this feels like one of those companies who intentionally makes things confusing in order to make more money, regardless of what it does to the customer. I would recommend ANY other company to someone needing this service. Not to mention it's a very, very important service. It needs to be treated as such. Two stars.
Resolved
ID
#1204013 Review #1204013 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Worst Service Ever

After MedicAlert's system was being "upgraded" for a least a month, making it completely inaccessible for important updates to my medical information prior to international travel, I finally canceled my long-time (15+ years) relationship with this disappointingly inept company. For each phone call I made (and there were many) the hold times were up to an hour each time. Finally, on October 23rd, I reached a supervisor who, after a lot of back-and-forth, agreed to refund two years of of my three-year contract. On Nov. 18, I called to ask about it. It was "being processed." On Dec. 18, I called again. Was told a check had been mailed Dec. 11. Now it is January 2nd and still no refund check. After another long wait on hold today, the rep said they would "look into it and let me know." Fat chance. Worse customer service ever. No way would I trust this company to look after me if something happened where I actually needed their assistance in an emergency!
Poor customer service

MedicAlert Foundation: An Outstanding Nonprofit Company

I've ordered a number of medical alert ID products from MedicAlert Foundation, and have found them to be the absolutely reliable, conscientious, and reasonably priced. Also, purchasers who subscribe to their low-cost emergency call-in service have medical information on file, which they can relay to first responders who call into the 1-800 phone number engraved on your ID. Thus, if you're not able to communicate, MedicAlert is there for you. Unlike most firms offering medical ID jewelry, MedicAlert Foundation is not simply just another "medical alert jewelry" retailer, but a full medical emergency information service. They are available 24x7x365 to provide first responders and medical personnel with vital patient information that could save your life.
ID
Pros
  • Incredibly fast delivery
  • Honest and reputable nonprofit
  • Stand behind their products and services
Good customer service

Www.medicalalert.com sucks

Medicalert Foundation - Www.medicalalert.com sucks
I have been with them for about year this is the second time they have sent a letter claiming I owe them 29.95. Why? They take the money out of my checking account every month there is no reason for them to steal extra with lies. When we upgraded our system with them we were told there would be no added cost. Lies. they charged extra and at the time they started this trash of sending letters for extra payment or they would turn it off. I am done getting the shaft from them so go ahead and turn it off or refund my excessive charges and they can stop their lies and threats.

No it has not been resolved and you are again showing the wrong city this is Andalusia, Al. 36420

Dozier, Alabama
Cons
  • Getting screwed for extra money
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

Who may need the 4th vaccine? Is monkeypox dangerous? Prof. Karen Jubanyik comments on the mask-optional policy, COVID booster shot, and the monkeypox.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article