Mediapearlcom

Update by user Apr 16, 2012

Mediapearlcom continues to avoid customer contact for product switch as of 4/16/2012

Original review posted by user Mar 20, 2012
In an effort to hide its history of complaints and improve its ratings, MEDIMOPS HAS CHANGED ITS NAME TO "MEDIAPEARLCOM." 3/2012 BEWARE "˜MEDIMOPS' ON AMAZON!!! Medimops is a German company which sells electronics and music on the internet. In an effort to hide its history of complaints and improve its ratings, MEDIMOPS changes its name to expunge customer complaints. AVOID THIS VENDOR AT ALL COSTS. I SHOULD HAVE READ COMPLAINTS ON AMAZON DESPITE THE ALLEGEDLY HIGH APPROVAL RATING. It revealed I was not the only victim of this VENDOR'S PRACTICE OF SUBSTITUTING CHEAPER ITEM FOR ORDERS, SHIPPING DAMAGED GOODS, OR ON OCCASION, NOT SHIPPING AT ALL (see 7/09 and 8/09 Amazon complaints from other customers). After ordering from "˜Mediapearlcom' I RE-CHECKED MY ORDER ONLINE IMMEDIATELY at Amazon and verified that I ordered correctly. I CONTACTED BOTH AMAZON AND MEDIMOPS TWO DAYS AFTER DELIVERY, BUT NEVER HEARD FROM MEDIMOPS/MEDIAPEARLCOM AGAIN. MEDIAPEARLCOM HAS A RECORD OF "˜BAITING AND SWITCHING,' AND ACTUAL FRAUD (See Amazon complaints by Edward A. Jones "cruiser621, Danyel Gerard, Christina Alvarez "online buyer", BruceB, and others). Link: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1NT7UX2ZZXQZW. Save yourself the hassle and avoid such vendors if recent customer reviews even remotely indicate problems!!!

I would just like to say that I have ordered from Medimops, both on Amazon and their German website many times and I have never had a problem. If you order books from them from the U.S., they do take about 6 weeks to arrive.

CDs usually arrive much faster. I was surprised to see these complaints.

I usually check their website first when I want a CD that was not widely released in the U.S. :)

I should have read this before. When I looked on Amazon it didnt say country origin so I assumed it was usa.

Then I get an email in German.

I recieved the game today and its of course in PAL when I need NTSC. Hopefully, I will be able to return the item and get a full refund.

I just received a cd from mediapearlcom and it's blatantly fake, no booklet, flimsy poorly printed paper, poor quality cracked cd with no official numbering on centre of disc. Amazon didn't want to know, and my poor review on mediapearlcom's comments page was rapidly swallowed with a tide of (possibly fake) one-line five-star reviews in a matter of minutes. They are well organized, I'll give them that much.

I just received a cd from mediapearlcom and it's blatantly fake, no booklet, flimsy poorly printed paper, poor quality cracked cd with no official numbering on centre of disc. Amazon didn't want to know, and my poor review on mediapearlcom's comments page was rapidly swallowed with a tide of (possibly fake) one-line five-star reviews.

View more comments (3)
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia
Loss

Beware Mediapearlcom; formerly Medimops at Amazon.com

Please read the reviews on this vendor carefully... I wish I had. I ordered from Medimops through Amazon in August, 2009. The company has now changed its listing name to: "Mediapearlcom." The order was for a 4 CD set by the artist Enya. Instead, I received a CD sampler with only 3 songs thirteen days later!!! I reviewed my browser history which confirmed my order was correct for the collection, not the sampler. Since Mediapearlcom is apparently in Germany, they did not feel compelled to correct the order or refund me for the higher fee I paid (Sprechen Sie Englisch nicht!?). All contact attempts, even through Amazon went ignored. After reviewing Mediapearlcom customer reviews, I see that it could have been worse, i.e., several customers never received their orders at all, or received scratched/damaged CDs (cf. complaints to Amazon by Edward A. Jones "cruiser621, Danyel Gerard, Christina Alvarez "online buyer", BruceB, and others). Mediapearlcom should be completely banned from doing business through Amazon regardless of what name they choose. In addition to Pissedconsumer and Amazon, Google "Mediapearlcom Reviews" and/or Mediapearl complaints.

Medimops is fairly good. I have ordered from them 14 times from their website and a couple of times via Amazon.

They are known as Momox fr and Momox co uk on Amazon.fr and Amazon.co.uk respectively. They are pretty much a mixed bag. I have received items marked as "Good" or "Very Good" in better condition and some items in much worser condition. I collect maxi-singles and find it to be a neat source for some rarities.

Mind you, I live overseas.

Many of their items are cheap, so the risk level isn't high. Id say check them out.

Horrible company. Not sure what their game is.

I ordered a book, it was confirmed, shipment confirmed and few hours later a message "your order could not be delivered and it was returned to us". From Germany to USA and back in less than one day?! Seriously?

Their answer was "book was damaged at shipping and was not able to be returned. It is back on the market, you may reorder".

Seriously? Damaged but back for sale?!

I ordered again a second time. Same story

Their excuse this time was "there was a issue at the warehouse with the item number and the book could not be shipped".

*** crazy business.

I don't understand what their business is.

They should be stopped and banned for any kind of business.

Do not buy any books in French from this firm, they never send it. Please ignore it . I had a bad experience with them

@PissedConsumer765073

Laura, I am completely against this predatorial company that continues to rip off not only American citizens, but many abroad! Amazon won't remove them voluntarily, but I am appealing to you and other customers who've shared our misfortune. Does anyone have the ability to start a campaign to stop the a rip-off artists/ thieves in their tracks?

HAC haccom@***.com

@PissedConsumer784495

Dear Wolfy, I am completely against this predatorial company that continues to rip off not only American citizens, but many abroad! Amazon won't remove them voluntarily, but I am appealing to you and other customers who've shared our misfortune. Does anyone have the ability to start a campaign to stop the a rip-off artists/ thieves in their tracks?

HAC haccom@***.com

This is a bad company, do not buy anything. Theydo not know the book in FRENCH THAT THEY SELL ONE EURO. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE, PLEASE.

Medimops is still selling through Amzon De (Ebay and their own website). If you have a problem with one of your purchases like I had, they send me a wrong and much cheaper item, don't expect any help.

Luckily I have Amazon so I'll get my payment back.

My advice do not buy anything from MediFlops, it's really not worth the trouble!

I found this page because of a bad experience I had with Medimops. I ordered a Bob Geldof single CD that was allegedly "Used, Like New." I chose the distributor at Amazon because they were allegedly based in New Jersey, USA.

I waited and waited to receive my order after I got the confirmation e-mail. When I still hadn't received it several days later, I checked the invoice,and saw they are based in Berlin, Germany.

When I finally received my order today, it was anything but "like new." The paper insert was warped as if from water damage, and the CD was dotted with smudges and stains.

I will never order anything from Medimops/Mediapearl again. Maybe they treat their Europoean customers well, but they sure don't seem to care about their American customers.

I have predered a lot from Medimops through their own site in Germany. Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de have ( nearly ) always had good sevice and goods.

Their books are among the cheapest of the Market sellers on Amazon and of good quality / to undistinguisahble from new.

You may quote a cretain bad comment on a specific day, but this is selective. Over their " lifetime 2 on Amazon.co.uk ( mane of Momox ) and Germany they have a 97 good with just 1 / 2 % neutral or bad, which is much better than a lot of sellers ( especially USA ones which tend to go around 90% to 95%.

@PissedConsumer607645

Sprechen Sie englisch Wolfy (Wolfgang)? Your English is obviously translated online and your comment appears less than truthful.

Who posts on Pissed Customer to praise a dishonest vendor. Fellow consumers, BEWARE OF MEDIMOPS!!!

View more comments (9)
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article