State: Virginia Product: Meaningful Beauty Beauty Set Clear all filters (6 of 169 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Meaningful Beauty in Roanoke, Virginia - Fraudulent charges to my credit card

I purchased their product from the commercial yet they started sending me expensive packages of their really awful product (it's pretty much sun screen) at a price over 4 times the cost of the original product. They charged my credit card close to $200 over the original agreed upon amount without my permission. I never agreed to purchasing anything beyond what I saw on tv. There really needs to be an outcry from customers who are being charged for products they never agreed to purchase. I'm terribly afraid that some folks are going to be taken advantage of with their fraudulent credit card charges. BE VERY careful if you purchase this junk--you will loose a lot of money and see no results from the product other than break outs!
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Meaningful Beauty in Fredericksburg, Virginia - SO GLAD I READ THESE

I feel like a fool. Ordered the Introductory kit...and I did not see one thing about setting up for automatic shipments! I should have known better. After reading these comments, I went to the website and sure enough, they had me set up to ship out another kit in two days. I immediately called them and told them under no circumstances were they to ship any more of their products. I also informed them that if I saw any charges over and above the initial charge, I will be filing a formal complaint with my Credit Card company. Yeah, we will see. I may just call the CC company anyway to make sure they don't! SHAME ON CINDY CRAWFORD! Shame on me as well. Even though I did not see anything regarding automatic shipments, etc. I should know better. BTW....the products are awful !!!! Leaves a sticky residue on your face.

Yes, all info-commercials that promote youth and beauty are garbage. When will we learn the truth????

If "a fountain of youth" sounds too good to be true for 39.95, it is. Get it, all you dreamers of what was once your youth, and save your money for better uses.

Shame on you, Cindy Crawford for trying to scam all of us unwilling to age gracefully. You and your advertising promotion are the only ones benefitting from this rip off from this elusive dream in a plastic tube.

There are those of us with wrinkles that do get the respect and dignity to be able to live with our age.

I just hope some day after all of your face lifts and creams, you get the same. Since I never made it on the front page of a glamour magazine, I have far less to lose with my age of a fulfilled life with children, grandchildren, and friends, all of whom could give a *** about whether or not I look like 45 when I am 65.

Again, Shame on you for finding aging naturally in life as offensive.

@Gorgie

Thank you for your reply. First of all, I being 63 years young, agree with you.

I would never let anyone take a scalpel to me. I certainly don't understand anyone willingly putting themselves through such pain for something that usually turns out looking hideous.

And you are right, at my age I should #1 know better than to fall for any gimmick that promises the Fountain of Youth. #2 My face, is my story and it can speak volumes. But there is nothing wrong with my wishing to feel good inside and out.

Sometimes we are our worst critics.

Your comment is well taken. However, I don't think you needed to be so harsh towards someone you don't know. This is the first time I've ever fallen for the late night infomercials, I don't think you needed to shame me even further.

I always shake my head at other seniors who fall for silly gimmicks, scams, etc. and say "...how can they be so stupdid". Well, I guess they too are caught in a moment of weakness.

Thanks again, have a great life!

View more comments (1)
Loss

MEANINGFUL BEAUTY A RIP OFF/FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!

I SAW ON TV THE MEANINGFUL BEAUTY COMMERCIAL WITH CINDY CRAWFORD ABOUT ONLY CHARGING 39.95 FOR 90 DAYS TO TRY. SO I DECIDED TO TRY THIS, CALLED THE NUMBER TO ORDER, THEN WAS TOLD THE 39.95 WAS JUST A SAMPLE AND THEY COULD UPGRADE THE LITTLE PURPLE PILLS TO 49.95, 90 DAY SUPPLY THAT WOULD BE CHARGED IN MONTHLY PAYMENTS FOR 3 MONTHS, THEN IF I WASN'T SATISFIED TO CANCEL. WEL, I NEVER RECEIVED PRODUCT YET, BUT MEANINGFUL BEAUTY HAS ALREADY DEDUCTED 149.95 FROM MY ACCOUNT AT ONE TIME, CAUSING MY ACCOUNT TO OVERDRAW, THEN MY BANK CHARGES ME 25 DOLLARS FOR THAT. I CALLED MEANINGFUL BEAUTY BACK. TOLD THEM TO CANCEL AND I WANTED MY MONEY BACK. THE INSTRUCTED FOR ME TO FAX THEM MY ACCOUNT AND THEY WOULD REFUND MY MONEY IN 4 TO 6 WEEKS. ILL BELIEVE THAT WHEN I SEE THAT! CUST SERVICE REP KEPT SAYING THEY DIDN'T DO THAT AND I TOLD THEM I JUST SAW WHERE THEY DID CHARGE MY ACCOUNT AND I WOULD BE SENDING THIS SHIPMENT BACK IF I EVER GET IT. I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN THE ACTRESSES THAT I DID ADMIRE BEING INVOLVED WITH THIS MISREPRESENTATION!

I Purchased Meaningful Beauty 30-day trial kit 39.99!with facial Brush!Never Receive!FALSE ADVERTISING!

I called to cancel product do to the fact felt no difference!I was then told they would deduct two more payments before I retrieve a refund!I told them absolute Utterly not!!the customer service tech or who ever he was told me they will do two more deductions!I had to Inform Bank!CANCEL my card Felt disappointment!did not do much for my skin!whom ever is in charge of these products are they aware of what is going on!!!! :sigh :sigh

Loss

Meaningful Beauty marketing is a Scam

I ordered and received the sample kit for Meaningful Beauty in August and still have not had a chance to try the product. On August 31st, I received the first unsolicited shipment (billed $93.30) and I spoke with the company rep. to cancel any future contact with the company and I returned the product unopened. I did received credit on Oct 9th. Today, I notice my credit card was charged $56.64 on Nov. 16th. I haven't received the shipment yet but I have to contact the company again today. I'm so sorry I ordered this product without checking for complaints first.

Meaningful Beauty is a rip-off

Meaningful Beauty products, endorsed by Cindy Crawford, are terrific skin products that really work, but the only way you can purchse them is to become a member in the Gunthy-Renkor family, which means that they ship you a certain amount of product (always too much)every 90 days. They say it's easy to postpone orders or customize, but don't believe them. They admit that their website doesn't properly accept customized orders (I tried twice) and their phone hold lines frequently exceed 15 minutes. They also ship earlier than they say, so if you call a week or 2 before their ship date, you've called too late to change. Then, if you need to return the order because they shipped too early, you are responsible for the return shipping. Once again, great product, but not worth the trouble. There are many other products that you can buy as you need, that are way easier to purchase.
jgunther

Sorry, I disagree that this product works..I used for over 6 months...No difference....also hate the fact that they do not offer a day lotion without spf!

Meaningful Beauty Beauty Set
Meaningful Beauty is running an infomercial using Cindy Crawford. Claiming that Cindy uses there products and that's why she still looks so young. Cindy has had work done on her face and has regular colonics that remove toxins from body. That gives a youthful...

This company sets the hook and reels in the money. Despite the fact that I returned the product as instructed they have refused to return/refund $188 to my account. When you call they give you the run-around, are rude,and flat out say something to the effect of TOO BAD, SO SAD!!!

I am going to follow up with the BBB.They are a highly unethical enterprise.

BEWARE!!!