State: Texas Product: Meaningful Beauty Beauty Set Clear all filters (9 of 169 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Meaningful Beauty in Austin, Texas - Ordered One (1) and Was Secretly Enrolled in Automatic Shipments

I ordered one set of this from Meaningful Beauty's website for my girlfriend. I selected the option for a one-time only shipment but I started getting more and more shipments and they were all being charged to my credit card without my consent. When I call to get a return address they could not even give me a real address. All I would get was a PO box. Called again and got a different address. Went to UPS to send it back, and was told that the UPS return was set up to go to the US Postal Service and then be returned right back to me. That's right, the pre-paid return is setup in a loop that goes right back to you. Meanwhile, they continued to ship me more packages and charge them to my account. I had to call my credit card bank and ask them to put a block on any charges from this company. So then Guthy Renker, the parent company, started sending me bills for the stuff that had already been returned.

I guess I did not read the fine, fine print. I also thought I was getting a one time deal and ended up enrolled in ongoing shipments.

I just called today to cancel. I mentioned several of the comments on this thread about people saying after they canceled they received further shipment and/or money taken from their accounts. Very unscrupulous business practices. I would have put up with that if the product was as advertised but it is nothing more than other similar products I have used.

I told the girl if they take one more dollar from my account, I will report them immediately.

I will certainly do that. I have saved the cancellation email and confirmation number and I will use them.

GuthyRenkerHelp
#991910

Hello,

We have read your complaint and would like to respond. Providing quality customer service is extremely important to us.

When you purchased online, the information in your shopping cart details that your initial Meaningful Beauty order will be replenished automatically every 90 days unless you call to cancel. The Meaningful Beauty website does not have a ‘one shipment only” option. If you would like to return a shipment, the details are set forth in the invoice you received with your kit; essentially, you can send us the package along with an invoice or copy of the invoice you received with the shipment at the following address:

Meaningful Beauty

6 Commerce Way Arden, NC 28704 We suggest that you obtain a proof of mailing from your post office and keep it for your records until you see the refunded amount appear in your account. This should occur within 4-6 weeks of receipt.

To be of further assistance, please contact our Corporate Customer Service Escalation Team here: http://www.meaningfulbeauty.com/lp/cet with the information provided to us in your post so that our team can look into the status of your account and help answer any other questions you may have. Thank you, -Meaningful Beauty Customer Care

Reason of review
Problems with payment

Meaningful Beauty - Beauty Set Review from San Antonio, Texas

Noooooo not a good product!! I AM A LICENSED ESTHETICIAN.. I am telling you, not good quality.awesome sales pitch on tv..like most infomercials.I am appauled at the ingredients quite frankly..and that Ms Crawford has her name attached to this line..it' s honestly no better than drugstore quality..and nothing wrong with using drugstore products if they work for u, just not at the price you pay for this line. The company is like they swindle you..Beware.. terrible customer service.. how can companies like this stay in business?..my advice..I would keep searching.. this is not the fountain of youth..you are better off using coconut oil ( which actually works rather nicely)
GuthyRenkerHelp

Hello- We would like to assist with anything outstanding on your account and offer further assistance. If you could please contact our team here: http://www.meaningfulbeauty.com/lp/cet, someone from our Corporate Escalation Team will be in touch with you shortly to speak with you. Thank you.

Reason of review
Bad quality

Meaningful Beauty in Clyde, Texas - I called and canceled

I ordered the 30 day beginners kit to try.. Before I knew what hit me there was another charge on my credit card and then I received another package. I then called them and told them I am sending it back and expect a refund and stop sending me more product. I explained to the man that I didn't want anymore products and it was chicken chump how they will charge your credit card a 2nd never authorized that. They said they will send me a refund as soon as they receive it. About 3 weeks later I was charged another fee and called immediately to tell them to stop charging my card and to stop sending me more product . I called and canaled last month but apparently they did not do as I asked. He said they will refund me my money blah blah the same spiel that I was told last month. not sure what to do . not sure how to get my money back . I tried reporting them on line to the BBB but couldn't. Due to the fact that the BBB web-site would not recognize their address.

I ordered the TV offer months ago that was to be 39.95 for an array of products and a free microdermabrasion brush. After agreeing to that amount for 3 payments for that price locked-in, I was given the impression that the introductory kit was a try-me kit.

The shipment arrived with no brush. My credit card was charged each month for that tiny kit. I used almost all of the products the first month and kept waiting anxiously for my next shipment. No, I was told, the first sample box was a 3-month supply for a total of $44.95/mo.

X 3 and still no microdermabrasion brush. I liked the products, but but enough to pay $26.97 each for them.

Meaningful Beauty in Houston, Texas - Read the directions

Love it but unit for everybody if u get it do a skin test with everything it works for.me I'm 31 and look 17 you have to use all or none of the products that's how it works if u order from the website just remember they automatically sign u up fir monthly shipments so call and cancel within 24 hrs not fir sensitive or dry skin you will break out so I've read but I love it. Just watch out how much your ordering it's a regimen so you can't pick and choose. It won't work but please guys stop blaming meaningful beauty because you can't read what's in bold print good luck and by the way if this is the first wrinkle cream you have ever bought and you have deep set in wrinkles it might take longer than a month to see any difference I started when I was 17 31 now no wrinkles so be realistic

How much are they paying you to say this?

gyrlfrynd

glad you are happy. they tricked me.

i ordered 30 day trial kit and they sent and charged me for 90 day supply. when i called company i was rudely treated and ignored. i was being very nice but it did not work. so all endings aren't happy like yours.

many like the product it is the customer service and bait and switch they don't like. also, taking peoples money and not refunding is stealing.

Meaningful Beauty in Addison, Texas - Scam Artists

I purchased the product online, and once I used it a few times my face broke out in little bumps similar to a lot of the online reviews. I immediately stopped the product. When purchasing they throw in some "free vitamins," which I received separately from the face product. The vitamins were a joke, and after a few days of taking them and feeling nauseous afterwards I stopped taking those as well. I called to cancel the product, and I was assured I would not be charged again and bam. Today I receive a new box and look up my account and see I was charged yesterday for a new month. I call again, and I was told, "oh you only cancelled the vitamins not the face product." WHAT?? I never had an account for any vitamins, they were a FREE add on. How convenient. Now I must go to the post office to return my unopened and unwanted box of worthless face products and wait God knows how long for a refund. This product is nothing more than a scam. Just read the reviews. There is no telling what is in these items, and I can assure you Cindy Crawford is not using what they are sending us. A shame she would put her name on such a horrid product.

People! You need to read before you make a complain!

They tell you you will have 3 monthly payments, even if you did not hear clearly over the phone, in the catalog they send you with your 1st shipment has all the information. Everything does not work for everybody.. i get that. But come on accusing them you your ignorance!

Btw..

product worked for me in days.. amazing.

gyrlfrynd
@Vin

pulled bait and switch on me. i ordered from the tv the 30 day trial and was sent and billed for 90 days.

i am on disability and treated myself for first time in many months. now i am out 150 so i guess i won't pay my electric bill maybe i can save that 100 by not buying food.

plus i was treated very rudely by supervisor. truth and respect is all i ask for and they could not provide it no matter how good the product is.

Loss

Meaningful Beauty in Spring, Texas - Unprocessed return.

Returned shipment at my expense & kept waiting for refund to show on my card & after waiting a month I call Meaningful Beauty & am told it takes 4-6 weeks once they receive the product for the refund to be processed. I explained in dealing with another skin care company my refund was processed within 5 days of them receiving the return. I then provided the tracking# & told him the pkg was delivered on 12/14/13 & was then told by the rep he would go to person over him & have it processed within 3-5 days. Five days later I get an email stating my pmt hasn't been received so I call back because this meant my refund obviously wasn't processed, on this call I'm told the refund hasn't been processed & again it will be 3-5 days only after I tell the rep to cancel my membership. Not a very good experience on the first return & if my refund is not processed within that time quoted there will be he'll to pay. While my skin feels better when I use it I have not seen such a difference in wrinkles as they claim, I can definitely use other products for less $.
Meaningful Beauty Beauty Set

Meaningful Beauty 60 day refund takes 4-6 weeks to process!

I returned a 90 day shipment of Meaningful Beauty products because the 90 day quantity is not three times the quantity of the 30 day order, and I ran out before even 60 days passed. The first time this happened, I was polite and called the company, and they provided some small samples to get me through, but the more I looked into it, they were ripping people off because the 90 day quantity for all products was not equal to 3 times the 30 day amount even though the cost was 3 times the 30 day amount. So, I asked for a refund. I was told I had to pay my own postage to return the product, and I had to ask for a street address to get confirmation of delivery because I chose to ship UPS because they will give confirmation without additional charge. Then, I called after they had had the unused and empty product back for a week, and they said, oh, you are too early, it takes 4-6 weeks to get a refund, something they certainly never revealed in all their wonderful advertising. I am considering a class action suit, by the way.

Did you get your refund in the 4-6 weeks? Just curious as I am thinking of getting a refund.

Meaningful Beauty in San Angelo, Texas - Just a Mom

I ordered the 30 day supply as advertised with the "free sample" over the Christmas holiday. It took a month to receive the initial product. I didn't even have time to begin using the product before their RIDICULOUS automated shipment started charging my account. OH, and the free product was vitamins, and they IMMEDIATELY started charging me for THOSE as well. It is IMPOSSIBLE to reach them via email. I managed to cancel the account, but not until they continued to charge and send UNWANTED shipments. Each having to be returned and NEVER refunded. After the FOURTH charge and THRID round of vitamins, I called AGAIN. They informed me that the vitamins and the beauty kit were SEPARATE accounts!! WHAT?? Even though I used THEIR shipping return labels and mailed it the way I was told (via CERTIFIED mail), they claim to have NEVER received the returns. NOW, I'm waiting on an affidavit that I have to sign and return (each way 4-6 weeks delivery) in order to POSSIBLY get my money back. SEVEN charges ranging from $32.94 to 56.64, and she had the nerve to tell me that there was a $55.00 balance on the account. I have used ONE 90 day supply kit. THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM EVER!!!
Tags
  • Electric charge

Meaningful Beauty in Houston, Texas - IT is a Rip-Off!

As I read the complaints on this page regarding this product, I am outraged by the fact that SO many honest people like myself fall for this kind of rip offs!!!!! They robbed me off of $127 also, like many of you all out there! My advice to the people buying this is DON'T! I wish I had seen these reviews before I made the mistake. And by the way, the product does NOT do what they advertise. I have been using the product, (since I am stuck with it) and NOTHING has changed regarding my skin or face!!

I actually love this line. While I think the special claims they make are specious, my skin looks fantastic after three weeks of use.

I expected it to break me out or just not work, but have been pleasantly surprised and plan to buy more.

The glowing serum, moisturizer, and wrinkle-smoothing capsules are my favorites.

Sorry it didn't work for you. Everyone's skin is different.

Contact Meaningful Beauty Customer Service