State: Saskatchewan City: Saskatoon Product: Meaningful Beauty Beauty Set Clear all filters (2 of 169 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Meaningful Beauty in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Immoral Greedy Business

I agreed to pay $49.94 per month and they would send the product once a month. One month I was charged twice. But from April to Aug. I only received three products. Two months I was charged $71.08. E-mailed them twice. No response. When I finally got through to their 1-800 number and asked for an explanation and a refund, I was told that I still owed them $99!! or my account would be sent to a collection agency. I told them to go for it. I contacted Visa. They informed me that they have had numerous complaints about this company. Visa stated that reporting me to a collection agency was a threat and they would probably not follow through as this is not a valid debit like your utilities. The only way to stop them from continuing to charge your account is to cancel your visa card and get a new one - which is what I did.A bit of an inconvenience but worth it in the end so that this immoral business cannot take any more of my hard earned money. They deducted $341.96 and should only have charged me $149.85 for the three products they sent me. I called and asked for my refund of $192.11 and they told me that I still owed $99!!!!

They did the same to me. Said the first transaction was declined my statement showed different.

So they charged the card again. Got the money twice.

GuthyRenkerHelp

Hello, We would like to offer direct assistance to help get this resolved. If you could please contact us by emailing us at CorporateEscalationTeam@guthy-renker.com, someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly to speak with you. Thank you.

View more comments (1)
Review
Product
Meaningful Beauty Beauty Set
Cons
  • Charges i did not authorize
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Meaningful Beauty in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - A Huge Rip-off!!

I agreed to pay $49.94 per month and they would send the product once a month. One month I was charged twice. Two months I was charged $71.08. From April to Sept. I only received the product three times. E-mailed them twice. No response. When I finally got through to their 1-800 number and asked for an explanation and a refund, I was told that I still owed them $99!! or my account would be sent to a collection agency. I told them to go for it. I contacted Visa. They informed me that they have had numerous complaints about this company. Visa stated that reporting me to a collection agency was a threat and they would probably not follow through as this is not a valid debit like your utilities. The only way to stop them from continuing to charge your account is to cancel your visa card and get a new one - which is what I did. A bit of an inconvenience but worth it in the end so that this immoral business cannot take any more of my hard earned money.
GuthyRenkerHelp

Hi there, please email us with your account information at CustomerRelations@guthy-renker.com so that we can look into this and help get it resolved. Thank you.

GuthyRenkerHelp

Hi there, Can you please contact our Corporate Escalation Team here: http://www.meaningfulbeauty.com/lp/cet so that we can assist? Once the form has been submitted, someone from the team will contact you directly to learn more about your experience and help get this taken care of. Thank you.

cancelling your visa card won't help you. If you have a debt they'll send you a bill, you have to call and get a supervisor to fix this, don't even talk to a rep just ask for their supervisor

View more comments (2)