State: Florida Product: Meaningful Beauty Beauty Set Clear all filters (9 of 169 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Meaningful Beauty in Jacksonville, Florida - Hard to get them to stop sending product after several requests.

The products did not work as well as what I had been using. I called and requested to have shipments stopped but they kept sending product. I then had to refuse shipments but they still bill me for them. I have already lost $82 in returned product that they would not credit back. I just got another shipment which I refused and they said it takes 4 - 6 weeks to get credit. I requested, once again, that they stop sending product. They said they had no record of my first and second request, maybe request number 3 will work!

I have called 4 times to cancel and they keep sending the shipments.

Review
#581937 Review #581937 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reason of review
Order processing issue
Loss

Meaningful Beauty - Unexpected product delivery of 90 days supply.

1.3
Meaningful beauty 30 days supply was ordered, however they sent me 90 days supplies without my request, charging me $164.82 to my credit card. (I may have kept the 30days supply, due to not calling them to cancel within 30 days of initial order, but NOT 90 days supply - that's being greedy, taking advantage of consumer.) After I return their product back, I am still out of $25.00 for shipping handling charges that are not refundable by them, and my cost and time to return. It's such a poor business practice, and makes people think twice to do online business, trusting that companies will respect, and not costing consumers more than we have to pay. How could I recover my time and lost money for shipping and handling for both ways ? I'd like to take Guthy Renker / Meaningful Beauty to small claims court for the cost incurred due to unethical, poor business practice. Besides, I was surprised to see, Cindy Crawford's face full of Botox/filler than results from using the products that she represents. Disappointed. Nov 30, 2014

Unbelievable.....they tell u they will send you 30 days initially, then follow with a 90 day supply (assuming you want more), but they don't. INSTEAD THEY JUST INITIALLY SEND YOU THE 90 DAY SUPPLY AND CHARGE YOU FOR THAT 3 MONTHS!

Meaningful Beauty Beauty Set
Cons
  • Charges i did not authorize
  • Billing and handling of accounts
Reason of review
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Refund of the product charge, and for $25.00 shipping and handling for both ways, plus my time off from business to take care of problem that was created by this company.

Meaningful Beauty in Davie, Florida - Nice quality, poor cancellation follow up process. Sample sizes

3.0
I thought the same thing when I opened my starter sample package. I paid $39.99 for 5 sample size items plus two free gifts. If you do the math , however, that is only about $5 per item. Not bad. The ingredients seem very quality. The product lasted me much longer than a month. Therefore I was not a candidate for their auto ship. And a few of the creams did sting my sensitive eyes. Most importantly, you must establish that if you are buying the $39.95 intro kit with sample size, they are going to be mini versions of the regular size and regular sized products. Your post did not mention if this is what you had paid for. But your photo seemed to indicate it was the introductory sample size. One complaint I do have is the amount of time it did take of me sending back these AUTO ship deliveries, before the company got it straight that I was cancelling my order. Phone calls to explain never got through to a live person. Oddly enough, when returning the second unopened box to the Post Office, the clerk told me they get the same complaint all the time AFTER the customer has cancelled, the boxes continue to just roll in. Sadly, charging on your credit card for each delivery. I like Cindy Crawford and I believe this is a good product. Cindy would not be involved in anything that was not satisfactory. I think the retail sticker price comes as a shock when you realize you cannot continue to enjoy the same items for the same intro price or size as you first enjoyed. I would have loved to stay as a customer if I thought I could order my $39.95 intro box of 7 sample size items AS NEEDED. But I believe that is not how it works with them.

Did you read the ingredients of the product? It mentions that the product should not be swallowed.

May be poisonous. If swallowed call Poison Control?!? And we are putting that on our FACE?!?!?!

I liked Cindy Crawford too but if she "really does use the same product" she is putting poison on her face. somehow hard to believe!!!

Had same problem. consumers have to stick together....

i tried a new company, products that really work, good customer service, and my cousin just spoke with them and told me they are having a secret sale and she saved even more!!

Call them 646.350.8100 and they did call all of us right back when we received their service. Enjoy and turn us on to any great companies.

View more comments (1)
Meaningful Beauty Beauty Set

Meaningful Beauty in Pompano Beach, Florida - UGHHH...What a Scam!!

I am ALWAYS disappointed by these Guthie-Renker companies!Having known this I ordered anyway! After ordering the product online and not fully understanding their "deal" which I believe is intentionally misleading & confusing...I received my products almost 2 weeks after my card was charged! My complaint is not with the actual product which as a beauty professional, I truly loved...but with the way Meaningful Beauty baits, switches & confuses their customers. Each order arrives with a different set of products in an attempt to manipulate the consumer into purchasing different items in the line. The website is fraught with technical glitches that made it impossible to get any assistance without calling directly to customize my order so that I could receive the products I preferred. The scam is that you are told that each order after your initial starter kit is a 90 day supply. This is an outright lie!!! In actuality your lucky if the core products last beyond 30 days because they are no larger than the small & believe me I tried using the minimum amounts between shipments but inevitably ran out long before my next shipment arrived! It's as if this company purposely confuses the customer to the point of being deceptive about billing, shipping & quantity! Unless you cancel after your very first shipment YOU the customer lose! Don't be fooled by these types of companies! You are far better off buying these types of products from a department or beauty store or online from a company that sells direct without all the smoke & mirrors!

Meaningful Beauty Scam

I watched and taped the advertisement about Meaningful Beauty it shows a large jar of the meaningful beauty skin capsules at least 30 and I would say a months worth. When I got my order the jar contained 5 capsules. When I didn't receive my second kit I called ( I was charged $49.95 for the kit) the company and the automated message told me I owed $ 115 and some change. I immediately got some one on the line and asked them where was my second kit and why did I owe them $115 they informed me that it was a 90 day supply and I was supposed to pay them $49.95 for 3 months to pay for the kit. I would have gladly paid them the $49.95 a month if I would receive a kit every month. I saved the Ad and watched it over and it clearly said it was for a one months supply. I was so shocked and I Truly believed I could trust this company beings Cindy Crawford had her name on it. I guess I was wrong it is a rotten shame that a multimillionaire would give false advertising on the TV in front of an Ungodly amount if people. I feel that I was ripped off , and so I have called my bank and disputed the second charge I should have disputed all of the money , but I Am an honest person unlike this company , and I will pay for what I used. Please don't get mixed up with this company , because what they tell you is not really what it seems instead of getting. Kit for $49.95 a month you get one kit for $49.95 for 3 months a 90 days supply as they explain it and it clearly says ONE MONTHS SUPPLY. !!
Loss

Meaningful Beauty in Cape Coral, Florida - They keep billing after account is cancelled

After ordering these products, I discovered I am allergic to the ingredient they use for SPF protection and broke out in a hideous rash on my face and neck.I contacted the company to see if I could exchange those products for different ones that did not contain those ingredients. I was told they would not as there pathetic internal procedures did not allow it. I'd have to send all the products back and once they received them and processed them, THEN they would send out new product. If I wanted product right away, I would have to order and pay for it. End result? They lost a customer bent on warning everyone I can to stay away from these people.They bill in three installments and I just got hit for another and I have no products and I'm out another $50.00. I've now paid for two of the three installments and no sign of the refund promised.So far, it has been 4 weeks and no refund.I will never again buy anything that is automatically billed and shipped and suggest everyone else out there do the same as you will keep getting billed even after your cancel--just like I did. And there is no excuse, once the account has been cancelled, normal computer programs stop sending out invoices. Not these people. Be forewarned.

Meaningful beauty complaint

I made the mistake of ordering this product, before looking at reviews. Since I have sensitive skin, I decided to cancel the order 5 minutes later. The customer service person said they could not cancel, even when the ordered had not been even charged yet. So I talk to Adam at the helpdesk, who wasn't any help either. I don't want this product and now am afraid they won't refund me, and will continue to charge me. I notified my credit card company, but they won't dispute the charge until I receive it and send it back. I don't feel this is honest, and I won't deal with this company again. Please be careful.

Meaningful Beauty in Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Tiny

Tiny Tiny bottles.. They said I was getting a 30 day supply. NO WAY will this last me 30 days, two weeks tops. Im going to start using the product tonight, i hope my skin likes it and the product is as good as tey sell it on tv. I will definitely be back on this site with an update in a few days. I usally dont buy things i see on tv no matter who the spokes person is, lets hope mrs cindy didnt put her name on garbage and risk her reputation for a buck. Time will tell

You will get bigger bottles with your next shipment. This was just a sample shipment.

I felt the same way like i was ripped off but once i got on auto shipping and used the products and adjusted the shipments to what i needed (you can order anywhere from three items and up) i was satisfied. Its a good product if you give it a chance.

I ordered this product and was just as disappointed. BUT.

They do ship larger bottles once you accept the product. The original package is tiny but once your on auto shipping the bottles are larger and do last. You can adjust your order from 3 products and up.

I also found the creams to be quite effective. Hope this helps.

sidney1500

I bought that years ago, be careful because they put you on auto ship, and you will find that it does not work as good as it states. It will take 30 days to cancel.

I send mine back and it took 3 months to get a refund. Good luck I hope it works for you, for me it did not.

View more comments (2)

Meaningful Beauty is more like Meaningful Ripoff

In November 2010 I purchased the 30 day trial starter kit of Meaningful Beauty products to try out. I used the product for 2 weeks but did not feel that it lived up to all the hype so I returned the 30 day kit which I paid $39.95 via USPS and paid for delivery confirmation. Their "policy" is, if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, just return the containers within 60 days of receipt and you'll get a full refund of the purchase price (minus shipping and handling costs). I also called them on 12/26/10 and told them I did NOT want anymore shipments and the customer "service" lady told me I "she took care of it" and I "wouldn't be charged anything else." Four days later, I receive another box of Meaningful Beauty products which I refused. I marked on the package "REFUSED – ACCOUNT CLOSED – DID NOT ORDER" and promptly put it back in my mailbox on 12/31/2010. A charge was then placed on my AMEX Blue credit card of for which I do not possess any of their products! I called Meaningful Beauty on 3/3 to request my refund on all my money but the not so helpful and rather rude customer service person (named Jeremy, Employee ID 2231265) told me they never got the shipment returned to them and that he had not intensions of refunding my money. After researching more about Meaningful Beauty, I discovered that this "situation" is a common practice for them. Over and over they "claim" to have "never received" the returned shipment. This is consumer FRAUD and I wish file a formal complaint for the $173.78 that was charged to my credit card. Filed BBB Complaint. Here's the link if you've been scammed too: http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Meaningful-Beauty-100010281

That is so true! HORRIBLE and RUDE customer service, they don't listen and raise their voice when they feel too, even if you cancel they charge money on your card and every time you try to cancel they don't do it :( MEANINGFUL BEAUTY IS A WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!! DON'T BUY IT!

I ordered the kit and changed my mind because I read all these postings, and they refunded me everything no problem. I now regret returning it and I will probably re order as I've researched it more and heard a lot of good things about it.

I also return my products but I did receive an email confirmation that it was returned. It is not doing me any good for it is now past two months and I have not received my money back.

How many times can they say the check is in the mail? I did file with the BBB, I don't know what else to do.

Do they have it in your hand writing at least one time and vevified by you that you wrote canceled, then your done with them.

Call your credit card company tell tell this co is sticking you for something you didn't order, or receive(because you refused package). Dosen't matter if they didn't get they make-up back or not.

Stop calling them. Have credit card company freeze them out girlfriend- Your Meaningful!!!

View more comments (3)