Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Meaningful beauty fraud !!!!

I orded meaningful beauty yesterday, sunday. they kept trying to get me to buy so many other things that "cindy recommends" and I was very clear that I only wanted the 39.94 order I called in about. I just called my bank and they-meaninful beaty- took out $200.00. I called about it and meaningfulb. said sorry, it's too early for us to have your account information, you'll have to call us back next week. They took out $200. I am so pissed! So now im out $200, Im posting fraud on it with the bank and im supposed to get it back in a few days while the fraud dept. deals with meaningful whatever, I can't even say the name.
Review
#196427 Review #196427 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Meaningful Beauty Refuses refund

This is the worst company to deal with. I tried the product and within a week my face burned and turned red it lasted about a month. I cancelled the product but they still sent it and continued to charge me even though I returned it. I tried to contact customer service but they do not answer the phone. The only way they will answer is if you say "ordering new product" Think twice before you order this product. It's a scam they want to continue to send product to you and take your money even if you cancel.

You should call Guthy Renker directly at their Corporate Offices at (760) 773-9022 and ask for Customer Relations, and they will be able to assist you. they were super nice, took care of the $ issues n even implied that some reps would be let go! worth a shot!!!

Refused refund for product that I did not receive. Brilliant money making methods. Don't waste your money!

DO NOT ORDER THIS ***!!!! I am one pissed off comsumer and I can't believe they can get away with stealing money...MY MONEY!!!

I order the product, tried it and sent it back 2 days before the end of my 60 day guarentee. When I heard absolutley nothing from the company about my refund (gave them 1 mo to get it to me) I shot off an email. WEll, according to them I went over the 60 days, even though I had proof of when I recieved it, when I returned it AND when they recieved it. so now they have my money and the product.

IF they were an honest company they would give you your money no matter what time had elapsed, if you returned the jar.

AND these jars were almost full because the stuff is ***!!! Nice way to sell product Meaningful beauty!...my ***!!!

This product burned my face sooooo bad!! I returned the product in my 90 day return period, but never saw my refund.

When I contacted customer service, i was informed that I may returned it in the 90 day period but it takes 4-8 weeks for them to process it and if that for to six weeks extended over my 90days then I would not get my refund!

WTH, soooo techincally the return period is 30 days! This was such a waste of money and time!

I agree whole heartly with you Tracy! I called and followed instructions returning unused, sealed product middle of April, still no credit.

Customer Service is the worse they lie, give out bogus information. I was buying double shipments one for myself and one for my sister. She was highly allergic therefore I called and sent back over 300.00 in product and have been treated with the most disrespect from customer service including talking to Danielle this morning.

If this is not settle within a week I am contacting the lawyer, and will go to small claims court. This is a TOTAL RIP OFF!!!!!!!

I have headaches from certain smells.This product irritated me when I opened the first one.

So I returned them unused on March 26th, Never heard or recieved refund. It is now May 18th.

I cancelled my order and had no problem there. The number on your bill always gets me to a rep, and I've called several times.

The issue is that I still haven't gotten my credit for the return that they received in hand on April 4th and it's now May 12th. It takes far too long to get your money back, and at this date, they can't even verify for me that they recieved my return (although I have proof of delivery and highly recommend that if you return product to them given the delay on refunds). I'm now totally disappointed with the whole experience and ready to sell the suplus of this stuff that is under my desk on ebay to make back a part of my money.

I wouldn't recommend it. Olay Definity works great for a fraction of the cost and you can pick it up locally whenever you need it.

You may not have canceled by the time your second kit was processing. If you tell them you had a reaction they will refund you.

It's policy. Their is an extremely high call volume so sometimes it takes a while to get through.

View more comments (7)
Loss

Meaningful Beauty in Staten Island, New York - It took 5 weeks for me to receive my order!

I saw the informercial, got excited and called to place my order. After waiting and waiting for it to arrive I called the company to find out why I had not yet received my order. They could not find the shipping number, therefore could not trace the package, made up excuses about it being because of the weather, and then told me it should be arriving any day fed-ex. Two more weeks go by and I still do not get my product- of course they still bill me for it! I called again only to get the same answer again. I finally get it a week later IN THE MAIL not Fed-Ex. THEY LIE!!!

The kits were on backorder. ***

Review

Meaningful Beauty in Lindsay, California - Poor Customer Service response and poor return policy

I had been using the products for 8 months when I had a bout with contact dermatitis, per my dermatologist's diagnoses. I stop using the cleanser and moisturizer 1 immediately. After 2 months time I tried the products again, only to have the same reaction. Imagine my disillusionment when I contacted customer service and the representative did not seem the least bit interested. I asked if I could return all the unused products that I had and was told that I could not return the products because it was past the 90 return policy. I commented to her what a waste it is for me to throw unwrapped, unopened product into the garbage. She told me that they did the same when they received returns.WOW! Then she went on to read her prepared propaganda, when I asked her to stop so that I could ask another question she kept on reading. At this point I hung up feeling very frustrated, I certainly would not want my name associated with a company that presented themselves in such an uncaring manner. To make things even more frustrating, I had called over a month ago to ask to have my shipments delayed while I tried to figure out what was going on with my skin, during that conversation I even explained to the customer rep what was happening. I guess live and learn. Better to shop locally so that one receives better customer service.

I had the exact same experience! I cancelled online and then called to be sure.

They went ahead and shipped another shipment the next week. I returned it, and called to verify they received it. They kept charging me then claimed they never received the return.

They taught me: Don't trust online sales with automatic shipping! EVER!

Customer Service Agents are not helpful OR nice once you tell them that you returned the product and you are waiting on your refund. They give you a song and dance about how long it takes, (I believe they said ) up to ten weeks, that would be PAST the 60 days money back guarantee right!!!!

I better get my oney back or I will tell every website I can think of how they are! Guess I will have to get a new credit card to keep the payment from coming out!!!

oh brother. I guess I am up for a fight yay.

this stuff broke me out and my face is redder then a fire truck. only used it twice. it says 60 day money back.

so if they dont want to give it to me, I shall file a complaint with the ftc and attorney generals office. I wont play their games..

I only had this product one week and I already feel as if my skin was burnt by the sun. I rarely go out during the day and I am very upset about this.

The first 2 days it was alright but a few days later my skin became dry hot and felt i aged 50 yrs and I am only 26yrs old. I wanted to get this product to help minimize the pores and help. As it turns out it doesnt do anything but tighten my skin and make it red and hot. I am sending it back 2morrow, I hope they dont' give me a hard time as the other ladies on here.

If they do they will have the fight of their life with me. I am sticking to Olay at least it doesnt dry my skin out and make it red.

I had a reaction to the product, so returned it within the 60 days. I paid the shipping.

When I did not get the refund, I called them and they admitted that they had received the product. They said that they had received it approx. 3 weeks after the date I mailed it and that it was not within the 60 days. IE.

too bad, tough luck. HOWEVER, I had a post office receipt showing the postage and mailing on the correct date, so I told the rep and she said to prove it (not thinkin that I could). So, I asked for the fax number. I called back a week or so later when I had the receipt in hand and was ready to fax.

I was at a different location so did not have the number.

I called them again and talked to a man and explained the situation. He admitted that they ALWAYS refuse to refund the money unless you have proof of mailing and give it to them!

:sigh

This company is a joke! Reps need more training on the product.

I have to take time out of my day to continually check on my order. I have been continuously doubled billed. Now after placing a huge order I have called to find out after a month with no product where it is.I was told my account has been closed and I will have to open a new one, yet they still have my credit card on file!

I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau and I am warning all new customer that read this the product is full of junk fillers and is more hype than you know! FYI...I'm a chemist!

I loooove this product!!! Have used it for 2 years now.

Customer Service is a flippin NIGHTMARE!!! Charged the wrong amounts, the wrong cards, you can't order this, you can't do that....the last guy actually said" Why don't you close your account if you're not happy?" I was floored...I have lost my patience and closed the account.

No wonder they have poor customer service the spelling is terrible in the Report Response!"DISCUSTED - is Disgusted. Your point is well taken and only proves how customer service reponses when the "CUSTOMER" calls.

Your english is horrible (I get a phone call from one of you people "THE" did not read, etc. Good Grief no wonder I cannot get my money back! Lower your caps and take ENglish 101.....would help deal with those that act "BENIETH" you.

Oh!!! it is "POLICY" not the police.

PS - to Disgusted with you People - Your point may have been better taken had you not "screamed" it all in caps and used a condescending tone. As a customer, I'm pretty disgusted that you would come on line and represent your company in that manner. It is not doing them any favors.

The mellon is nothing more than the french name for canteloupe. Check the Q&A on the Meaningful Beauty website that gives the name of the mellon and google it.

I like the products fine, but in my opinion, they are pertty ordinary. I didn't get any amazing results or see any differece at all, so I don't think they are worth the money. I cancelled my order and had no problem there. The number on your bill always gets you to a rep, and I've called several times.

We have a job to do and do it well . The company is very credible...I work for them.

LISTEN TO THE REP WHEN THEY ARE SPEAKING TO YOU INSTEAD OF TALKING OVER THEM AND YOU MAY HEAR THE INFORMATION THEY ARE TELLING YOU.THAT IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH YOU PEOPLE YOU THINK CAUSE WE ARE REPS WE ARE BENIETH YOU. WE HAVE TO GO BY POLICE 60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE IS WHAT WE ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GO BY. WE HAVE A JOB TO DO AND BEING RUDE IS NOT THE WAY TO DO IT. WE HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO HANG UP ON CUSTOMERS IF THEY ARE IRATE OR CALLING US NAMES AND NOT LETTING US TALK.

WE ARE PEOPLE TOO AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES ME CRINGE EVERYTIME I GET A PHONE CALL FROM ONE OF YOU PEOPLE THE DID NOT READ THE INFORMATION THAT CAME WITH YOUR SHIPMENT. READ EVERYTHING, ITS NOT HARD TO DO PEOPLE.

AND LISTEN TO THE INFOMIRCIAL IT CLEARLY STATES 60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!!!!!!!!!!YOU CANT TAKE SOMETHING BACK TO A REGULAR STORE AFTER 90 DAYS WE ARE THE SAME WAY. ALL UNUSED PRODS SENT BACK ARE DISCARDED WE CANNOT REUSE THEM.

I returned two full packages of products at the charge of $69.95 as i could no longer afford theses products. I contacted my credit card company and they stopped the shipments effective immediately.

However, I should be sent the refund amounts ASAP. I had to get a new credit card number so as to not be continually charged for products I am returning. I spoke with one of your reps and he said since I did nott call for a "number" to return the packages I was not credited.

Please send me a check for the two returned packages- January 25 and February 25 shipments. So I have no products yet paid for them.

View more comments (12)
Product
Meaningful Beauty Beauty Set

Meaningful Beauty Rip-Off

My significant other ordered the sample kit, cancelled the order and a week or so later my account was hit for $70+. Of course I called and complained so they told me that the order was for sure cancelled now but "when I get the big box" I should refuse it and they would then (within five weeks) credit my account with the $70+. Imagine that.....three weeks later I am still not credited even though I sent the unopened box back to them and I got hit for another $23+. I called again and was told the associate should have told me there were three payments involved and that the shipping and handling would not be refunded. They now tell me they have cancelled the last payment and will refund the previous payments(less the S&H) but I will need to wait another five weeks. I wonder how much I will have invested in these scammers before I get loose with nothing to show for my efforts but a phone bill and S&H charges. Pissed don't quite cover it!

I like your products very much, but I keep receiving them every two weeks eventhough I called to stop shipping more products until I advise you to renew order.

I would appreciate receiving a call from the person responsible for orders. My phone no.

is 514-342-2667 in Montreal. My cell no. is 514- 839-7786.

Looking forward to hear from you.

M. Dadoun.

They never refunded my money like they promised!

You need to have the bank give you a new card and they will not be able to charge you again.

View more comments (2)

Meaningful Beauty

I ordered Meaningful Beauty from a TV ad that said I could get their product valued at over $100 for $29.95 plus shipping and handling. When I ordered the product I asked the lady specifically how much I'd be charged for the shipping. She said the shipping would be 9.95 and the product would be $29.95. When I received the shipment there was an invoice attached for $109.95 plus $9.95 for the shipping. I called customer service and told her there was a difference in the price that I was quoted and the price that I was being charged. She told me it was the total instead of being charged installments of $29.95. I informed her that I'd be returning the product and to cancel any future shipments. She had the gall to ask me what the reason was that I choose to cancel.

Well tell you what Ladies I take calls for this company. When you see the Ad on T.v it is for a 30 day supply "very small package".

The invoice that comes with your shipment clearly states that this is a membership for continued service that is set up on a default of auto delivery for a 3 month supply 30 days from the time you place your order. This is easily cxld or customized if you dont want to continue to receive the products. A 3 month supply is 119.85 not including the sh that is added to your 1st installment. If you order this product and you end up getting the 90 day supply right off the bat instead of the 30 day all you have to do is return it and they will credit you back what you paid in full.

Another option that you have is not letting a bad attitude get in the way of you getting to keep the 90 day supply for what you pay for a 30 day by calling and telling them you had only intended on ordering the 30 day supply....all it takes is a phne call and not cancelling your accout the same day call back a week later and cancel theres your loop hole otherwise they do tell you to return it. FYI we are just doing our jobs so the "gall" of asking why you wish to cancel is a mandatory question that we have to ask you. Keep in mind that we are people too and if your going to vent and curse and be a *** for something we did not personally do to you, do not expect anyone to go to any length to go above and beyond to make you happy. When people treat me like that I do not make any exceptions for them and make them follow the policy regarding the money back guaranty .

Another word of advice when placing your order either do it online or call customer service directly from the phone number listed on the web site to avoid the sales people that will try to upsell you or barter you to add aditional products into your order. :grin

this is a scam company

I had to get a new charge card because when iI ordered after I gave them my charge card and then I was told they where going to ship every 3 months there is no way to get around it

@kathleen H

You could have easily disputed the charges with your financial institution instead of cancelling your card. All you have to do is call and cancel that is your way around it.

I like how the word scam is being used so much when the company actually loses more money when a product is returned that they have to destroy.

Or credits are issued to a customer that is cancelling their account. Not to mention the customers who claim they never received their products or claims they were damaged that the company doesnt hesitate to replace or credit back money for a claims never received.

I used this product about a year ago, and I actually loved it and it did work for me, at 51 I saw the difference in my skin as I used it. But I do agree as I remember when I got the bill it was way more then they tell you on the phone. And that is deceiving! They don't tell you it is actually 3 payments of 29.95, not just one. SNEAKY. But I liked it and did cancel too because I couldn't afford it. I had no trouble cancelling it and it went fast and no problems after that.

But I am sure there are tons of products way cheaper that work too. Cindy is naturally beautiful so it just makes her product look even better on her.

I do believe that in France they must have great skincare products, but I wish they would make it for us Americans alot cheaper so we could afford it.

I think I will stick with Oil of Olay. It works too!

I had a friend have a problem as well. Seems that he ordered something, without it being the real price as TV advertised.

Yes it was a G-R infomercial. He then returned the item, only to find out that his card was being charged after the return for subscription services afterwards. SO, not only did he get ripped off, from the origial product... the salt was poured on the wound, by being monthly charged for he same exact product he returned and cancelled.

Seems that G-R needs to get their act together, of the FTC needs to step in. I'm also willing to bet that the BBB (Better Business Bereau) didn't give them a favorable rating.

@That's the usual from Guthy Re

When a product is returned it does take 4-6 weeks for it to be processed in the meantime the monthy installments for the products are not canceled because we do not know for certain that they have been returned until they are processed back at the warehouse. The BBB is well aware of how Guthy-Renker operates and has been this way since 1998.

This company deals with multiple product lines so when the return arrives at the warehouse it is processed in the order that it was received. It is the responsibility of the consumer to read the paperwork that is included with your order because all of this is clearly stated. It is very easy to point fingers at the business practice and blame it all on them. When ordering a product in an infomercial you should already be aware that there is a reason why it is exclusive and not available in a retail store.

When you place an order you are enrolling into a membership to continue to receive it unless you call to cancel. This isnt rocket science.

View more comments (5)
Service
Meaningful Beauty Shipping Service
This is what I wrote to them and am still waiting a response! I have been billed for this product at least 4 times and have only received 1 time. I am calling my bank and changing my account # also am going to have my bank investigate you and I will be reporting you...

I guess I'll just accept the way I look and be happy. That's really what these companies pray on is our hopes to turn back the clock, look a little younger.

Thanks for the comments, sorry for your bad experience. Just be happy with yourself, as you are...

View more comments
Review
Meaningful Beauty is running an infomercial using Cindy Crawford. Claiming that Cindy uses there products and that's why she still looks so young. Cindy has had work done on her face and has regular colonics that remove toxins from body. That gives a youthful...

This company sets the hook and reels in the money. Despite the fact that I returned the product as instructed they have refused to return/refund $188 to my account. When you call they give you the run-around, are rude,and flat out say something to the effect of TOO BAD, SO SAD!!!

I am going to follow up with the BBB.They are a highly unethical enterprise.

BEWARE!!!