Dishonest Company and Woman

I worked for Polly Haynes, who owned Meadowsweet Farm located at 1130 EASTHAM ROAD, SHREWSBURY, VT, 05738, USA. Polly was a librarian who married a wealthy retired journalist 20 years her senior. He bought her everything including horses and a farm. Polly was not a real farmer but she had good recipes so she set up a practice for that. When I met Polly, I had just graduated from college. She asked me to come work with her in the greenhouse and assist with the herb marketing she was doing at fairs. I went to fairs with her and I worked in the greenhouse. She never paid me for my work as promised and went ballistic, yelling and screaming at everyone, even though she could easily afford it. She developed a very bad reputation in Shrewsbury and the locals who were fond of her husband Elliott, could not stand her. She acted like a crazy person and was very abusive. At the time, I did not fight back but being without pay in the middle of the winter after working your butt off, is completely unfair and also illegal. In fact, her entire business was not run properly. It has shut down now in Vermont and been relocated to Virginia. Be aware of this woman. She is a lunatic. I recovered from her abuse and got another job luckily thanks to the help of my family and the caretakers of Elliott's estate, but Polly ----> she really needs to be held accountable. She has done this to many people and is very manipulative.
#2040351

When did you work at Meadowsweet Farm? I worked there for a summer in 1991.

I rode Polly's horses and I enjoyed the summer very much.

Of course things might have changed after Eliot died, I don't know. The last time I went through the farm had changed hands.

ID
Shrewsbury, Vermont
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article