McShin Foundation Reviews

Show reviews that mention
people place recovery recovery though clean living roommate working giving talks higher power family addicts
Filter review

Saved My Son

I found out about McShin through my FA group... I called and they asked me to get my son over there.. In two days he was in recovery, though they would have taken him right away :)... He was certainly on his way out of this world.. Now he’s over a year clean, living in a house w a roommate, working, and giving talks to other addicts in recovery... Thanking my Higher Power and McShin I found out about McShin through my FA group... I called and they asked me to get my son over there.. In two days he was in recovery, though they would have taken him right away :)... He was certainly on his way out of this world.. Now he’s over a year clean, living in a house w a roommate, working, and giving talks to other addicts in recovery... Thanking my Higher Power and McShin I found out about McShin through my FA group... I called and they asked me to get my son over there.. In two days he was in recovery, though they would have taken him right away :)... He was certainly on his way out of this world.. Now he’s over a year clean, living in a house w a roommate, working, and giving talks to other addicts in recovery... Thanking my Higher Power and McShin I found out about McShin through my FA group... I called and they asked me to get my son over there.. In two days he was in recovery, though they would have taken him right away :)... He was certainly on his way out of this world.. Now he’s over a year clean, living in a house w a roommate, working, and giving talks to other addicts in recovery... Thanking my Higher Power and McShin I found out about McShin through my FA group... I called and they asked me to get my son over there.. In two days he was in recovery, though they would have taken him right away :)... He was certainly on his way out of this world.. Now he’s over a year clean, living in a house w a roommate, working, and giving talks to other addicts in recovery... Thanking my Higher Power and McShin
Richmond, Virginia
McShin Rocks!

Significant other trying to contact significant other who is the patient

These people will say " I will deliver the message," whenever I try to call and provide my support and ask to be called back(even after 30 days). I noticed the contract has a section called additional agreement conditions. This is where the BS takes place from the parents who do not want support from me(I had been living with patient as lovers) for 9 years and worked and graduated school but yet her family will not give me updates nor will the foundation. You guys are *** joke and are brain washing these people if you're allowing this type of manipulation when administering the contract signing. Mike this one is for you(you are full of ***)
ID
#1151940 Review #1151940 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Problem with delivery

Help was available when needed.

A friend had a son living in a motel here in Warrenton and his son was hooked on hard drugs. He called me and I had just learned of the McShin Foundation at the County Fair. I referred the family and their son was admitted immediately to the Richmond facility for detox and treatment. It has now been a month and their son is on the Road to Recovery. Thank you McShinn Looking forward you to opening a facility here in Warrenton that is long overdue. People are dying waiting for you to get here and I hope the town council does not close their eyes to see the dire need for this. Not in my neighborhood kills.
Mcshin Foundation Drug Addiction Treatment
Pros
  • 24 hour availablity
Reason of review
It works, it really does

Mcshin Foundation Addiction Treatment Review from Antioch, Tennessee

Mcshin saved my life as well. I tried for years to get clean and couldn't. It was people like David Honesty John and Kristin who showed me there was a better way. Their delivery is direct and to the point. The community was great. The burden to recover was placed on me and i was shown the way. It's been a long journey i couldn't have made without them. So many people get kicked out try to manipulate and continue to act out on old behavior then they want to bash the place that tried to help them. I say hello yourself take direction stop blaming others.
Antioch, Tennessee
Mcshin Foundation Addiction Treatment
Good quality

Mcshin Foundation Recovery Program Review

Addicts are famous for making everything someone else's fault. I just watched the Anonymous People film for the second time and I'm a person in long term recovery, I took my last drink and drug on 8/26/96. Before that I bounced in and out of tx centers and jails starting in 1985, so I know all about the blame game. Thanks to the folks on the front lines in fighting addiction.
Albany, New York

Review in Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors category from Atlanta, Georgia

Program is a joke alot of favortism the program is all about using people as slaves and clearly setting people up for failure i watched enough people get kicked out and they keep your money this place dose not care about peoples recoverys it is nothing but a money making scam ive seen enough for myself and im seeking legal advice please iif anyone truly wants to be sober do not go to mcshin they treat people like a customer work for them mikey new in office makes comment business has been slow if you know anyone w addiction problems send them our way its purely *** up we are not customers were people craving recovery at least most of us the mcshin foundation needs to be shut down its ruining people
Atlanta, Georgia
Mcshin Foundation Addiction Treatment
Bad quality

Mcshin Foundation Recovery Program Review from Lakeside, Virginia

I'm a new comer to mcshin and I've only recieved non stop loving caring support people I can talk to and that have given there listening ears every time I needed to express my feelings on the loss of my sisters herione overdose which led me to a dark isolated place drinking none stop alone no one to share my grief with now I do I have a voice I'm not alone I've had non stop loving caring support from the start I wish there could be a mcshin program in all over worldwide I've tried program in new Hampshire not to criticize but it compares nothing to mcshin I have such strength in wanting to stay sober its only been two weeks and I've got self esteem back great people that are always willing to listen and help me in anyway they can best place ever you can feel the love from the fellowship staff volunteers our house managers some can be tough but its cause they truly care about people getting back to a normal productive human in society so whoever you are putting mcshin down that's you I finally feel self worth being here I'm far from home thought I'd be homesick nope I feel right at home right where I need to be surrounded by the most caring people I finally have strong faith in my recovery thanks to everyone at mcshin I hope you can find recovery its a beautiful thing a second chance some don't get I will end this with the serenity prayer god , grant me the serenity to change the things I cannot and the things I can and the wisdom to know the differences amen and please do not disrespect the staff and volunteers here by calling them addict *** come to a meeting and so all us addicts can welcome you mcshin is real and its the bomb so come pick up a white key tag just for today maybe you will keep coming back that's on you please do not disrespect my mcshin family learn some manners good luck towards your own recovery you just gotta want it GOD Bless!

Amen! Lots of love at McShin! Saving lives every day!!

Lakeside, Virginia

Filed false criminal charges against me.

I asked my girlfriend to go to a rehab. She was using heroin and clearly needed help. Her mother suggested a place called the McShin Foundation. They went out of their way to try and break us up, because of rumors spread by her mother. She escaped the rehab and got drunk with me, in a sole attempt to be kicked out. She had actually brought a needle with her that she got from a peer, I forced her to toss it. The rehab owners filed false criminal charges against me saying that I gave her drugs. DoNotGo to McShinFoundation!

I'm not with the McShin Foundation, but I am part of the concerned volunteers who go in from time to time, and try to help the young addicts integrate from treatment to the 12 step programs of NA / AA.

What I do know is, anyone can leave whenever they choose, there are as many exits to go out of, as entrances to come in!

Some of my experiences with addiction have been, I thought I knew everything, and didn't have a clue as to the responsibilities of life.

I can pretty much guarantee, that the McShin staff, did not come to your house, and asked you to come and join this treatment model towards recovery.

In other words, learning how not to use and grow up!!!

You sound like part of the problem and not the solution!!! Her mother and family, who probably are still taking care of her, have a responsibility and right to want to remove negative people from her life, so she can at least, start the recovery process, and attain the knowledge and support of others with a positive outlook, to a better life. You are not one of those!

Try getting some help yourself, adjust your attitude and grow up. The name calling, excuse making for your bad behavior and hers, are not in line with the rest of society.

There are consequences in this society for bad behavior... That's a fact!!!

Programs like the McShin treatment center are a starting point, they will give you life saving information, what you do what that information, is solely on the individual. They are responsible for the effort, not the outcome!!!

All I can say is that , in my experience, McShin has been a GOD SEND and a life line to those who are SINCERELY interested in breaking their cycle of addiction. They are compassionate and caring souls who are interested only in the success of the HERD.

If there is a person there who is unwilling, he/she is free to leave. If the person attempts to stay but fails to stick to the program of abstinence, he/she becomes a threat to the others who are trying desperately hard to survive their own addictions. Does it not make sense that if you did not choose to enter the program WITH your girlfriend, that your continued use of any detrimental substance would jeopardize her success? If you loved her as much as you claim, you would have supported her efforts to keep clean rather than cop out by claiming that you did not "pour it down her throat".

It seems that you are not ready for help yourself... but please don't drag others who are (were)ready for sobriety down the road of destruction and despair with you.

AT THE VERY LEAST, do not discourage others from SEEKING HELP from a place which has proven, time and time again, that they CAN, AND DO, HELP THOSE WHO WILL HELP THEMSELVES!!!! I sincerely hope you turn your life around before it is too late for you.

and just for sh!ts and giggles. wait till i get her back.

I LET her go to that rehab.

You ***! You are probably a rotting drug addict just like the rest of mcshin

@PissedConsumer269234

You sound like a real winner there buddy. I hope this girl had enough sense to get away from you or has she already od?

She got drunk to try and leave herself

You liberal lunaticts act like i poured the alcohol down her throat. And you dont know that mike lied to the courts (perjury) and said that i threatened him. When in fact he threatened me!

@PissedConsumer269233

Dude

Your point is true. Its all about the dollar.

Listen to your guy. Everything you've seen and experienced is real. You must let go and move on. Dust off these people, they will be meaningless to you when your 50.

You won't remember their names, what they said, or even where it was. Sending Peace and goodwill

You got out alive. She got out alive.

These people have 55 gal trashcans of blood on their hands. And they laugh at their wall of shame/wall of dead

She got drunk to try and leave herself

Anyone who wants to be a part of

Mcshin can leave at any time. Unless you are intimidated by the Court system.

but she was there by choice.

You don't have to plan to be "kicked out." All you had to do was get her to walk out.

you're an *** :p

View more comments (7)
Richmond, Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article