Beware What you Say

All incoming voice communication with him is recorded because he tries to get a yes answer from you for a bigger price. He is always vague on what the warranty is. If he believes his work is still under warranty he will not schedule you or return calls. Everything he does is overpriced by industry standards...a Thief? I had a triple sump pump installed, after 2 years the main pump failed, after many phone calls to him and the USA head office he agreed to replace it. a year later that same pump failed again, I had a licensed plumber inspect his work...it was not legal. The failed pump he installed, well turns out he didn't install a new pump but an old corroded pump. This guy is very dishonest. he likes to promote himself as a Church goer who helps the community. Stay away from him.

Anonymous??

Does that mean a competitor? Or a way to hide behind slander?

Firstly we ARE a fully licensed and insured business. How would someone determine we aren't?

I have never had any complaint such as this come through me or head office. Believe me we don't put up with that nonsense.

Why avoid to fix something under warranty?

It's paid for so why avoid it and make someone mad.

I have done more freebies and out of warranty repairs at no charge than I care to remember. Install a used pump?Nonsense.

My system not legal??

It is one of the most preferred backup systems that is subsidized and inspected by Utilities Kingston. All customers are happy with the Triple, it has saved many basements. I have been in business for sixteen years with a customer first policy. Finally....

all communication is welcome, and it's not recorded.

This complaint is suspicious to me. Very questionable.

ID
#1021967 Review #1021967 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Mcinroy Basement Systems Sump Pump Installation
Cons
  • Not proffesional or licensed
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Loss

Resolved: McInroy Basement Systems

On February 2014, I got the estimate for my basement waterproof job in my basement by Tim McInroy, Basement Systems. I have got his brochure with pictures of how the system looks like. I agreed on a proposal to install waterproof system according to this brochure. Before starting work Tim McInroy requested first payment of 35% ammount. The cheque was writing to him on first working day. On first working day I requested references regarding this installation, but never got it then. My request has been ignored. For this first week of company work I did pay 70% of total contract by his request. However, for this short period of their work in my basement I have got two serious damages made by McInroy Basement Systems (storm sever system damage and main water supply line damage), and I realised that this company is not much trained and not much professional. I have got the incorrect workers in my basement. When I got all problems made by Tim McInroy's company in my basement I decided to stop their job in my house and terminate the contract. I sent registered letter and it is came back to me. Then I sent Termination Notice to Tim McInroy's company and his Head Office in US by email. Also, I opened complain case in Better Business Bureau (BBB) in Ottawa. BBB tried several times communicate with Tim McInroy's company, but they also did not received a response from Tim McInroy's company. So, the bottom line is that I terminated the contract by the following reasons: 1. A lot of problems and damage McInroy's company did in my basement. 2. The installation of the sewage ejector pump is not complete and it has not been installed in a professional manner. 3. The water guard pipes (on basement perimeter) is not same (and more chipper) as shows on the contract brochure. 4. The project completed by 30% 5. The water guard pipes are installed on high level that impossible to soak underground water. 6. All Ontario Home Building Codes are broken through incorrect installation and incorrect design waterproof system: 6.1 - Concrete must be at least 4 inches depth, the company installed only 2 inches concrete depth. 6.2 - The company used "Sand Mix" instead of real Concrete mix. 6.3 - The system designed to allow gas Radon comes through to the basement and home. (Appendix J)

Mr. Kozlenko was taken to court by Mr.

McInroy because these issues were fabricated in an attempt to escape payment. Many of the statements above are just plain false. The court asked Mr. K.

"why are you complaining about damaged sewer lines when you signed a contract to have them removed?" Mr. K. did call to voice a concern (easily rectified) but refused to allow entry to examine his concern. The court told him point blank that his actions were not in order; he must at least allow the company an opportunity to address the situation.

Result: Mr.

Kozlenko agreed to pay the contract in full and also agreed to remove his negative reviews. This remaining post is evidence of a second breach of agreement.

Resolved
ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article