It’s A Big Rip Off

Update by user Jul 20, 2022

With airfare and lodging out $22,000.00

Original review posted by user Jul 20, 2022
Bought this trip through Houston Safari . Trip was for King Salmon fishing. Alaska posted King fishing shut down June 16th. Our trip was June 23Rd. Owner calls day before to ask about mix for drinks, never mentioned King Salmon...

Danny. I’m sorry you felt so negative about your experience.

I was there during that time as the Housekeeping and Kitchen Manager. I have to disagree with you on some of your issues. The food was outstanding. I didn’t see you turning down any meals during your 4 day stay.

We had a top notch chef. Tony went above and beyond in his ability to serve delicious food. As far as sharing a bathroom with 4 other people, you were the lucky one to get to have a flushing toilet. The rest of us used an outhouse.

That included staff. Your room was cleaned everyday and beds were made. Yes, there were mosquitos. We all endured those pesky things.

McDougall Lodge is in a remote area. So, the luxuries you are used to were not feasible. As far as the fishing goes, McDougall Lodge owners had no control of what the state of Alaska did. You were informed that it was catch and release of Kings only.

Then the state closed it down. There were not multiple citations given to the guides. Only 2 minor incidents were cited. I feel you wrongfully gave a bad review so you could get a refund.

That was not honest on your part as you were there for 4 days. Funny how another family of 6 were there during the same time you were there and they left a glowing review. Nothing but praise.

Hope you have a good life! DH

ID
Pros
  • Non
Cons
  • Misrepresenting themselves and lodge
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Bait and Switch

My daughter received a 'free' trip at a drawing at the National Finals Rodeo with another paying customer. So she and her dad made plans then COVID hit. My daughter is active duty military and is scheduled overseas in June 2021 and could not take the rescheduled time. She had to forfeit her $2,000 reservation fee. Be careful future customers. A company that would do this.....may be a pretty poor trip.
ID