You NEED to read this if using MAYO auto service

In brief, Mayo auto services never contacted me regarding my car in the two weeks that it was there. I was always the one to call to inquire on the status of the vehicle, and from the first day I was subjected to rude representatives telling me that it is rediculous for me to beleive that I would have my vehicle seen that day without an appointment and with 37 vehicles ahead of me. Mayo's diagnostic technicians also leave at 4:00p everyday,and do not work on weekends, according to the staff. Of course I was not told this information when I called in that morning. After 4 days and a few more unfriendly phone interactions, I was finally informed that a diagnosis has been made. The invoice was faxed to me back in baltimore, MD, and the charges were 732.00.... 32.00 for parts, 700 for service. As I was aware that their policy was 95$ per hour for service, I called often to ask when they were working on the vehicle, but was not told until AFTER 6 hours of labor. Despite my fury regarding the charges, I choose to pay. Now the real problems began. Being an out-of-state customer (again never informed of this information when I brought the car there) I was denied the ability to pay by check or credit card. Furthermore, when I proposed that a relative pay on my behalf, as he lives 12mins from the shop and was a previous customer, i was first told that it was fine, and then 2 days later recieved a forward message saying: " management has decided that you [in particular] are only allowed to pay by cash in person, [for the reason being] because ' you cant trust us, we cant trust you' "... verbaetum.... I then had to drive 4 hours from baltimore to red bank to drop off 732.00 in cash, only to receive a functional vehicle with the speakers disconnected and an empty gas tank. Thank you Mayo for terrible and dishonest service.
ID
Baltimore, Maryland
Loss

About

Summary

New Jersey company Mayo Auto Services deals with cars, namely executes their service and repair. It works with the vehicles manufactured by BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes and other famous brands. Being in business since 1976, this company is and ACE Certified Facility nowadays. Customers are the main aim of Mayo Auto Services that`s why it cares about their treatment through providing of waiting rooms equipped with televisions, parking area, drop-off available any time, discounted car rentals and other options. Besides wheel alignment, engine rebuilding and alarm systems installation this company executes car wash which is offered in different price variants. In order to get acquainted with the described firm closer, clients are offered to take a virtual tour downloaded at the official site.

Mayo Auto Services reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article