This auto shop overcharged me

This complaint is regarding Mayfield Brainard Auto Repair, Inc., of 5608 Mayfield Road, Lyndhurst, OH 44124. On Tuesday, January 10, 2012, I took my car to this shop to have the coolant flush done. I called them on Monday prior to coming, and was quoted the price of $65. When I came in on Tuesday morning, the mechanic still quoted the same price, however he had refused to provide a written estimate saying that I could trust his word. In the hindsight, I think I should have insisted on an estimate in writing which I didn't. After the job was done, I was charged $86. The mechanic explained that the difference in pricing was due to the fact that he had a trouble locating the plug, hence an extra charge of "a few dollars" according to him. A few dollars translate into $20 which wouldn't make it or break it, however it doesn't feel good being taken advantage of. The extra labor associated with the price increase wasn't specified on the Invoice. FYI, the name of this place is Mayfield Brainard Auto Repair, Inc., located at 5608 Mayfield Road, Lyndhurst, OH 44124. I wouldn't recommend anyone to use this shop.

I've been very happy with the service at this shop. Steve is very honest & knowledgeable. I plan to continue taking my car there for repairs.

ID
Cleveland, Ohio

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article