Nonrefundable hotel booking in London!

Update by user Jun 11, 2012

Today the problem has been solved by Mayfair hotel. I really thank for hotel\'s help and i believe Mayfair is a nice hotel with good management.

Update by user Jun 11, 2012

Original review posted by user Jun 09, 2012
Just 4 days ago, i booked a room for 5 nights next month in Mayfair hotel London by misunderstanding the price. The booking was made by phone call and the mistakes was due to the language barrier. As a foreigner i had hard time to properly understand the heavy accent and fast talking hotel employee who booked the room for me. He mentioned 400 GBP which i misunderstoond it was for the whole 5 days. I got shock when i saw the email from hotel confirmation of 2020 pounds total charge, now i understand 400 pounds is only for one night ! I immediately call them to cancel the booking. However, the hotel reply now that ï¿¡2,020 of my money are nonrefundable, even though the cancellation is more than one month in advance. This is a huge amount, now i will also have to take a loan to even get the money. I am really in despair. If any of your users can offer me any hints on how to get out of trouble, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the people who do care.

ID
Bangor, Wales
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article