Beware of Scamming

This plumber was referred to me by HomePro whom I have called before for plumbers with satisfaction. The plumber sent this time has his own company called Maverick Mechanical CTS that operates from his home in Etobicoke, Ont. This plumber put through a small charge to Home Pro and ran the bulk of the work through his own company name which he likely overcharged me for anyway. This I realized in retrospect. I asked this plumber to also look at faucets with little water pressure and toilets that continued to run while he was here doing the original job. He told me that parts were not available for these items as they were old and that they would need to be replaced. He asked for an advance of $1500.00 to buy the new fixtures for which I wrote him a check. Feeling that I was being scammed, the next day I called in another plumber who came and fixed the items for $400.00. I called Maverick Mechanical CTS immediately to ask for my 1500.00 deposit back. He said he would return the money, no problem. However, after making numerous phone calls over a period of 4 weeks, and being promised always that the deposit would be returned, only $500.00 was reimbursed for which I had to go and get from him at another job he was doing. This plumber's name is Isaac Schiff, 40 Northampton Dr. , Etobicoke Ont. M9B 4S6, Maverick Mechanical CTS, 416-809-****. Do not call!
ID
Service
Maverick Mechanical Of Toronto Plumbing Service
Cons
  • Over priced
  • Quality of work is questionable
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article