Matthew Carson (eBay ID BORITO4) Sold Me Illegitimate Software

Matthew Carson (email: mattcar@***.com and halo3rockm@***.com; eBay ID: BORITO4) sold me four copies of Windows 7 (2 Premium, 2 Ultimate) which have since been deemed illegitimate by Microsoft. I bought the software in December 2009. I sent him an email that said, "This sounds too good to be true. How can you afford to do this? Also, what guarantee do I have that it would work when I got home?" His response? "I have a Technet lisence [sic], and need to recoup some of the costs." When I asked if these keys were for an upgrade or a full product, he said "This is a full licensee [sic], not a OEM or upgrade." I checked again to make sure: "So I would have no problem installing it on a fresh, brand new, hard drive? Also, what about updates etc. in the future?" His response? "No problems at all. As i said in the ad, these are **legitimate copies** and as such will activate with MS and get windows update." (emphasis added) We also spoke on the phone several times and he again confirmed that these were full package product, legitimate product keys which would work the exact same as if I had bought them from a retail store. =========== Everything went well for a few months until a new update from Microsoft which, after installation, told me that my copies of windows were invalid and I need to pay for a new license or it would go into "reduced functionality mode". This started in May of 2010 on all four copies of Windows. I tried to contact him four times in May and June to try and get some help. He never answered. Not once. ============= The upshot? DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM MATTHEW CARSON. He will tell you that his wares are legitimate but this is not true.

I bought 5 game codes from him and 2 of them weren't working.

He refused to give a refund and currently I am in dispute through ebay. I think I will get my money back though.

He is sells literally hundreds of codes from Nvidia promotion. The prices are cheap too. That promotion is supposed to come with Nvidia video card. Now, ask yourself, how could someone gain access to 100s of promo codes legitimately. He is either definitely stealing from a company that he works for.

You said it yourself ... Sounds too good to be true.

Turns out it is. Your bad.

You should report him to Microsoft for violation of his Technet agreement. Technet software is for _testing_ only and is not for resale or any sort of use.

View more comments (2)
ID
Plano, Texas

About

Summary

View Matthew Carson's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Matthew Carson ...

Matthew Carson reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article