Took my money and ran away

After supporting their Indiegogo project, and placing a large order, Mate Bike had several delays until any bikes would be shipped. After the 3rd delay or so, the time frame that we would ever possibly receive the bikes was too long, and we would no longer be in the country. Due to their delays and problems, their original time frame for shipping had been pushed back almost half a year! And we wouldn't be able to ever use or see the bikes. After being told to resubmit my refund request several times, despite their website not allowing me to, and then being ignored via email, they magically "found" it after publicly commenting that noone was replying to ny emails. After confirming that they did infact have my refund request and that I would infact receive my money, I was again left with no response after further weeks of waiting. After contacting them again and being ignored, they finally replied after again calling them out publicly, in which they said I would get my refund within 2 weeks. Once 2 weeks pass, and after begging for a reply, I was told this time via email that it would take an additional 4 weeks now to get my refund. After those 4 weeks had passed, and my attempts at contacting them has fallen on deaf ears, I'm simply being told now that it's "being proccesed" and "it's being resolved". The sheer audacity that this company has is outstanding. First they dodge all contact and attempt to delay the proccess by making up phantom problems, and later they ignore you while giving you large time frames, only to resort to leaving you with empty one-liners after their own multiple time frames have passed! I was one of their earliest backers and made a very large contribution of more than 1 bike and countless perks, and this is how I'm treated due to their own delays! Withholding a refund of this scale, especially due to their own faults, is abhorrent and completly unacceptable. God forbid had I been a customer who had a warrenty or quality issue! Stay as far away from this company as you can!!
ID
Service
Mate Bike Shipping Service
Reason of review
Order processing issue

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article