Took Money / Did not complete job

I contacted www.masseypropertyservices.webs.com thru a craigslist Columbus, OH ad titled “DO YOU NEED PROPERTY MANANGEMENT?!? Post ID # 466759****. (http://columbus.craigslist.org/rts/466759****.html) Mr. Massey is also located on: www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Damon/Massey Under Realtor at RE/MAX 24/7 Dublin, OH, Columbus, OH area Real Estate www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Damon/Massey Under Student at Hondros College www.realtor.com/.../Damon-Massey_Dublin_OH__15977**** https://www.facebook.com/damon.massey.5477/about https://www.facebook.com/damon.massey.7 https://www.facebook.com/Masseypropservices http://www.thumbtack.com/oh/dublin/property-management/property-manager http://www.bizapedia.com/oh/MASSEY-PROPERTY-SERVICES-LLC.html The service offered were a fit for my unrented unit. I initially contacted Mr. Massey 9/18/14 and we continued thru 10/20/14 discussing the work to be done, completing walk thru and writing up initial contracts by phone, txt and email. On 9/25/14 Mr. M. contacted me concern work to the unit that I did not request to be done, although they were legitimate concerns. I agreed to: demo 3 windows and replace them with 2 windows, assured him that the leaks were fixed prior to contacting Massey Property Services and that the kitchen ceiling is fine like it is. Mr. Massey revised the quote, emailed it to me, I signed and dated the contract and sent it back to Mr. M. by email attachment on 9/28/14. Mr. Massey contacted me on 9/29/14 by txt requesting a payment of $1,353.63 before 9pm that evening. I called Mr. M. and left a message, then I txt Mr. Massey concerning what type of payment his business was set up to take. Was able to make the payment with a credit card before 9pm. On 10/3/14 I contacted Mr. M. by phone and left a message concerning when the work would begin, then I txt Mr. M. and his response was that he was in Realtor training. On 10/7/14 I contacted Mr. M. by phone and left a message concerning when the work would begin, I then again contacted Mr. M. by email and he responded that he had 2 projects prior to our contract and that he would start work on our contract 10/9/14 and would be completed with work in 6 to 7 days. I replied “ok”. On 10/9/14 I contacted Mr. M. by phone because I was concerned as to why he had not made contact with the individual that would give him access. I left a message, Then I txt Mr. Massey on 10/10/14 concerning access to the property again. Mr. M. responded “no” he had not picked up keys but he would be picking them up at 2pm that day. On 10/13/14 I contacted Mr. M. by email concerning the urgency of starting the work his company was contracted to do. Mr. M. txt me and asked for my entry contacts information again. I txt it back to him immediately. And Mr. M. picked up the access keys that afternoon. On 10/14/14 Mr. M. contacted me by phone concerning some dry wall repairs that he was unsure of how to accomplish. On 10/16/14 Mr. M. contacted me by txt and informed me that he figured out how to fix the dry wall. Also, in this same message he stated that the work would be completed by 10/20/14 and he would return the keys to my contact. On 10/21/14 I contacted Mr. M. first by phone, left a message, and then I txt him stating that today was the 21st, indicating that the job should be done. Mr. M. txt me back and informed me that he had hurt his back and would be back to work on 10/22/14 and would need 2 extra days to complete the job and I responded “ok”. On 10/28/14, 7 days later, I contacted Mr. M. expressing concerns about incomplete work, timelines, non-contact, empty beer cans in the unit, giving him options concerning contract, monies owed and monies refund, along with methods of complaint. On 10/29/14 I contacted Mr. M. by phone and txt. No answer or response. On 10/30/14 I contacted Mr. M. by phone, no answer. Also, on this day Mr. M. contacted me by email stating that the paint, glue, and drywall compound would not dry due to the heat not being on and that there were other concerns such as: mice wholes, carpet replacement, kitchen ceiling was against code, and light fixtures not working. Mr. M. then stated that he did not feel comfortable in doing the job unless I addressed these additional items. My response to Mr. M. was to refund all of my money in certified funds or reverse charges and to return the access key as soon as possible. On 11/3/14 I receive a call from a concerned neighbor that someone was taking things out of the unit and when asked why they do not have the lights on there was no response. I hung up and called the police to check it out. Well sure enough it was Mr. M. and one of his co-workers removing items from my property. The Columbus, Ohio police event number is 14095****. I have not heard from Mr. M. since 10/30/14. There were 3 excuses as to why the work was not getting started, Mr. M. took payment for a job and refuses to complete that job unless I contract him to do other work at the unit. Mr. M. is refusing to refund my money.
ID
Columbus, Ohio
Cons
  • Did not do any work at all
  • Mr massey took my money
  • Stopped contacting me
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article