Marvins Movers bad customer service

I had a VERY poor experience with this company. Their customer service is lacking. A $200 lamp was damaged in the move (actually just the shade). I paid the movers and noted the damage on the paper I signed. The head mover said he would have his manager contact me. I waited for a call and three weeks later finally called them. The manager said he knew nothing about it and that I had only 48 hours to call and report the damage. I told him that I had followed the directions of the man when I paid him and noted the damage on the form where it asked for descriptions of damages. I paid over 800 dollars for this move. You would think they could replace a lamp shade. I was then told that the insurance only covered 60 cents per pound. The lamp shade is under a pound so I wouldn't even get 60 cents. At this point I am so angry with these people it is comical. If you just need some boxes moved, this would be a good company. If you have nice items and decorations that require special handling, I would NEVER use this company.
ID
Houston, Texas
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article