Martin guitar sold me a lemon guitar and couldn't fix it

Martin Guitar ripped off a senior citizen, me, Charly Knauss. They couldn't and wouldn't fix my 1000 dollar bad-playing guitar. The shipping dept sent a box for return, the guitar wouldn't fit. They,weeks later sent the correct box. They thought they repaired the guitar and sent it back after I specifically said I'd be out of town. UPS tried 3 times to deliver to my empty house. It was returned 1000 miles back to Nazareth Pa. Weeks later Martin Guitar Co. shipped again...over 4000 miles,back and forth, because of their stupidity. After all the heat,and time on the road,and bouncing around,the guitar's "action" was messed up and unplayable. they don't want to fix it. I called many times(over 40 times...I have sooooo much free time),wrote a letter to the President et cetera blah blah blah.

A reputable "guitar shop" should have been able to adjust the playability of your guitar, unless it was "structural" in nature. I love my D28.......No problems at all. Good luck to you!

@PissedConsumer371070

after paying a lot of money for a guitar why should we have to pay a "reputable repair shop" to make it playable? most $200 chinese guitars play better than this right off the showroom floor.quality control no longer seems important to Martin.

View more comments (1)
ID
Cozad, Nebraska
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article