NEVER RECEIVED WITH NO RESPONSE

I ordered a slip cover and WAS CHARGED for one in August 2011. It is now March 2012 and not only have I not received it, I've sent over a dozen emails, phone calls, tweets to no avail. NO REPSONSE. This business is fraudulent and they are thieves, stealing your money. I've already submitted several claims against them. Clearly, this business is a major scam, don't be fooled by the website. Anyone that needs to write an excuse front and center on their webpage sents off red flags--unfortunately that red flag wasn't up when I ordered.

I'm not sure who the *** is using my email address, but I wish they'd stop.

The site is now closed down and so is the email. Paypal won't file a dispute because it's been over 45 days.

But the minimum shipping time is longer than 45 days. I feel so duped.

This is exactly my situation too! ordered it in Aug, here it is March and still no cover! I'm furious!

View more comments (3)
Washington, District Of Columbia
Loss

Marlene's Urban Bliss- Fraud

We placed an order for a Klobo slip cover in May, it's now October 1 and we have yet to receive it. She took the payment immediately and we haven't heard from her since. Despite multiple emails she doesn't reply back. She has no contact information on the website and updates periodically to report she has been sick or that orders have been sent out when they haven't. I don't care how small her company suppossedly is in this day and time if you can't find a couple of hours in your day to either respond to an email or get a cell phone so people can call you then you have a problem and probably shouldn't start your own business. Do Not use this company for anything! You will never get your merchandise as promised. Marlene's Urban Bliss is a fraud. I'm going to make sure to post this all over the net so other people don't get scammed like we did. I'm going to file a dispute with our credit card company.

Two years later...no slipcover. After waiting 3 months, I was told she was very busy with backorders and it would take another few months.

I got busy myself and sort of forgot about it. Checked back 9 months after placing the order and got no response. It's now at least two years later and I've given up. I don't even have the original order paperwork or credit card receipt.

Chalking it up to being ripped off.

Hopefully Karma will come into play and Marlene will get her just desserts. Found someone else who sells these on Etsy so hopefully will have better luck next time.

Placed an order in August of 2011. It is now April of 2012 and nothing.

I have contacted Marlene's Urban Bliss several times with no response. Ever. In the process of working with PayPal and our credit card company.

"Marlene" should be thrown in jail for fraud. Nothing but ripping people off.

Visa won't let me dispute the charge because it took so long, neither will paypal. But with all of the promises that it would come on the site, and hopefully posts on sites like this from people who did get it after all, I just kept hoping it would come. Now I'm out the money and the site and her email is shut down.

I can confirm this business is fraudulent. DO NOT order from this business.

If you did, make sure you print out proof of your purchase and any correspondence you attempted with the company. I was able to get my money back through a credit card dispute, but I had all the information to provide showing that I had contacted the business several times and never heard from them about my order.

:cry Marlene is a criminal and needs to be arrested for fraud. I've contacted the local authorities to see what can be done. Maybe she can make slipcovers in jail!

I just wanted to followup, I am the original poster of this and we never received anything. I filed a dispute through my credit card company (american express) and we were reimbursed for the charges.

I never heard from Marlene, nor did she ever update the status of my order. Please stay away from this fraudulent company.

Yep, I have sent her A LOT of emails asking when my cover would be ready, then when it would be shipped, and now I'm waiting on my tracking number. I ordered mine back in May.

Not a single response to any of my emails. All I read are excuses on her website about her little business and blah blah blah. I honestly don't even think she should have any sort of business open. If she knew she had a small staff, then why take all those orders?

It's just ridiculous. If you are thinking about buying a cover from her, do yourself a favor and DO NOT buy from her... EVER. I would rather try to make my own cover than order from her.

Also, thanks to Marlene.. my couch is very dirty now...so, thanks.

#419587

Orderd in august. No contact no item.

There are no slip covers being made.

Just someone collecting cash. Do not order from this company!

I've been having the same experience - I wish I'd taken the time to research this "company" first. I ordered my slipcover in May and here it is almost 8 months later.

My repeated attempts to get a hold of someone to change the shipping address have failed (I had it sent to my work not thinking that it'd take 8 months and I'm changing jobs in Jan). When I checked online at the beginning of Dec. it said my order shipped on 11/28. But today I got the USPS notification that it would ship tomorrow.

Excuses of being a small business can only go so far - the fact they flat out LIED about the shipping date is just reprehensible.

Lesson learned - do your homework and research these online companies before making a purchase!

I'll definitely be doing that in the future. (In the meanwhile I've filed a report with the Better Business Bureau for all the good that'll do.)

Sorry to hear about peoples frustrations, but as a solution, there is a place that does IKEA Klobo slipcovers and delivers in 1 week from payment. Check it out, www.lucyslivingroom.com.

View more comments (15)
Baltimore, Maryland

Marlenesurbanbliss.com Rip-Off

Update by user Aug 12, 2011

UPDATE 8/12/2011 - IT FINALLY ARRIVED.

My slipcover arrived. It is an excellent product. Was it worth the wait, probably. Was it worth the frustration of dealing with the company, probably not.

My thoughts of them being a fraud or a scam have changed. I now consider them a company with a good product and horrible customer service.

Original review posted by user Jul 06, 2011
Do not waste your money or time purchasing from Marlene's Urban Bliss. They will take your money and not provide ANY product or responses to emails. All you will get is some unprofessional excuse posted on their web site about how they are busy and not feeling well. I placed and order in March. They charged my credit card for $100 and yet to ship the goods and have ignored several emails. Of course, like most scams, they don't provide ANY phone number or physical address. Do not waste your money at marlenesurbanbliss.com. I will post an update if this unprofessional and dishonest company responds.

I ordered slipcovers in Dec'11 and there is no response. i have written several emails and tried to follow them on twitter still nothing.

Their website is also down now. I am not sure what to do ?.

I ordered my Klobo slipcover June 2011. It's been NINE MONTHS. Still nothing.

Has anyone received anything lately? It's been over 6 months for me and I noticed there were others who made orders in August as well.

Obviously I don't get any replies from messages sent to the seller and there haven't been any updates on the site since November. So I just want to see if I can get any info from other buyers.

Beanmac, I ordered mine in august and still haven't received mine either. I got one response back when I ordered it.

You know, when I was within the time period to cancel my order. But never again. I'm usually very patient and never have major problems with online shopping. The one time I got robbed was my most expensive order.

I wish I looked it up before. I'm giving her 2 more weeks then I'm claiming fraud on my credit card and ordering from that Lucy's place.

So how long did it take to get the slipcover? I wish I had seen this before I put my order in!

I ordered the slipcover in Aug.

and it is now December. I have sent messages and like you, haven't received any responses.

It's interesting that an employee of Marlene's Bliss has enough time to get on this website and defend the company but can't find the time to respond to messages from customers. If this company is not a fraud why have I not received my item??

It's been over 2 months and I have sent multiple messages and I have heard NOTHING. I am calling my credit card company tomorrow and telling them to get my money back.

I also ordered a slip cover in May - and now it's mid November! Repeated attempts to update my shipping information (since when I placed the order SIX MONTHS AGO I had not anticipated a new job/address, shocker)have gone unanswered.

Their supposed new chat customer service is not running when they say it will.

While I'm a patient person who could wait for my order - the fact that they are so unresponsive is incredibly frustrating! I'll definitely be filing a report with the BBB!!!

View more comments (17)
Lake Forest, California
Loss

About

Summary

Browse All Categories Search TwellowHood Friends Followers Suggested Users ... Marlenes Urban Bliss | ( marlsurbanbliss on Twitter ) Custom-made slipcovers for your ...

Marlenes Urban Bliss reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article