Car Wash Review

Maritime Car wash has incredibly poor, even rude, customer service. If you are unlucky enough to sign up for there VIP service, they put barriers in the way of leaving it. There is no way to escalate beyond low level employees, and they don't seem to care.
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Car damaged by car wash.

On march 14th I took my car to the maritime car wash on Veterans Highway in Millersville for a full wash and detail. By signing up for the monthly $40 program i was able to get a 10% discount bringing my total to $180.00. When leaving I noticed a missing door button which makes opening and closing the window extremely difficult(i need to stick a piece of plastic inside the door). The manager Shane said he would empty the vacuums that night and try to find it,if not they would replace it. I went back a couple days later to check on it and while i was there i got a second wash and a $35 wheel clean and they broke the Mercedes hood emblem off the car. They were able to find it but could not fix. They apologized again and said they would order both parts and they would have in about 2 days. I went back a few days later and was told the items were on back order and would be in in two weeks.I returned in two weeks and have been told they are still on back order and they have no info when they will get them in. I called the head manager Ryan Wooldridge in Annapolis and he said he will have the GM Kyle Decker take care of this asap. I called back a couple days later to let them know that no one has contacted me. When I signed up they said you can cancel by calling before the end of business on the last day of the month.BEWARE..this is not true. When I called they said I had to drive down there to cancel and this was an hour before they closed and I was an hour away so I had to rush to get there. When I arrived I asked to speak to Shane Miller,the manager. He refused to come out of his office and talk to me. He said it had to be handled through their business department in North Carolina but no one could give me any contact information.My insurance company has now taken care of the damage and when they contacted Maritime they said they had no recollection of the incident. As of today,nothing has been done by Maritime Autowash to correct the situation. I never filed a police report because I felt like I was dealing with an honest local business. I was wrong.if they would have paid to fix the broken parts my monthly fees would have paid for it by now. Just plain bad business.I also tried to explain to the manager that this area is 1 degree of separation and they need to take care of their customers as if they were part of the community. He did not seem to care. I guess they feel they will have enough business no matter what. Good luck with that.

I had the same problem with a shark fin style antenna. They knocked of and it cost me $580 to get it relplaced at the dealer.

I recieved the same treatment. No call back.

I finally went there and They did give me gift certificates that can only be used for extras like wax and wheel cleaner. That is not fair compensation.

ID
Millersville, Maryland
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article