Reneged on Contract

I negotiated an agreed purchase price of $84,500 with their broker representative, Todd.through my broker, Todd Nixon, of Augusta Motor Group, subject to a PPI to be performed at Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale at my cost of 477.50. We received the inspection report back with some service and warranty issues. We then attempted to contact their representative,Todd, but he refused to respond. All our calls were ignored. We later discovered the car was sold to another buyer. I am seeking a refund of my PPI cost without any success. The sales manager, Gil Courchene, has also ignored my request. Buyer Beware is all I can say.

ADDITIONAL INFO

On December 10, 2012, the business provided the following information: BBB

In response to this alleged complaint, Marino Performance Motors would like to respond to this statement and state the facts. First and foremost Marino Performance the entire time was dealing with Augusta Motor Group from the beginning and not this person above. Furthermore, Augusta Motor Group explained to us that they had a client for the car and wanted to have the car inspected. In good faith we made arrangements to have the car brought to the dealership and brought back after the inspection was complete. Keep in mind that we didn't have a deposit or bill of sale during this. After the car returned to our dealership we did not hear from the broker. After nearly two weeks passed we sold the car to a retail client. It's unfortunate that this person maliciously took the time to attempt to badger our business on the internet but our great reputation and excellent Ebay rating will prevail and tell the truth.

RESPONSE TO MARINO'S RESPONSE (Dec. 12, 2012) BBB

I already stated in my original complaint that Augusta Motor Group was representing me in the negotiations. An agreed price was agreed upon and then the car was transported to Ferrari of F. Lauderdale for a full Pre-Purchase Inspection in which Augusta Motor Group paid the $477.50 fee on my behalf. The day after the inspection which was satisfactory, Todd of Agusta Motor Group tried to contact Todd of Marino Performance to complete the purchase through Manheim O.V.E. wholesale auction house (the car was posted there for sale). All calls were ignored. Augusta Motor Group later discovered on O.V.E. that it was sold to another buyer. $477.50 is owed to me via Agusta Motor Group per Todd Nixon. Further contact info can be provided. This type of underhanded sales tactics seems to be quite prevalent amongst Florida used car dealers.

ID
Surrey, British Columbia
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article