Defective River Hawk Boats (RH Boats)

Update by user Mar 21, 2018

Just to clarify, we purchased a New RH Boat with a lifetime warranty in 2014. Identified the defects after 20 hours of use, and returned the RH Boat to the dealer.

The manufacturer did not repair it correctly and before receiving it we had a Marine Surveyor survey the boat and we refused to accept the repairs based on the findings.

Dealer (Marine One) and Manufacture (Ameriflex) refuse to honor life time warranty and stand by their brand. We have been in litigation for four years and have decided to share our story in hopes others will not live our nightmare.

Original review posted by user Mar 20, 2018
Based on employee of Marine One recommendatons, we purchased a new 2014 Grey River Hawk Renegade from Marine One in Langley, BC. The Boat was manufactured by Ameriflex Engineering. After 20 hours of normal use we realized that the boat was defective. The materials used to design the boat are inadequate and continue to deteriorate at an accellarated rate. This type of defective damage should not be present on a new production Vessel. A full Marine Survey was conducted immediately upon accessing the situation that is confirming the defects. Ameriflex Engineering LLC has not stood by its Brand or honoured the Life Time Warranty. Ameriflex has now applied for Chapter 11. If you are thinking of purchasing an RH Boat please do your homeowork on the boats, get a Marine Surveyors report, and fully research both your dealer and the manufacturer. I would hate for someone else to suffer through this mess. I am now in litigaton and a very pissed off consumer.

I'm confused : QUOTE : "new 2014..." -- today being 2018, I'd like to know if you purchased the subject item in late 2013-**** or is it "new to you" and already nearly 5 years old ? A five year old boat could be anything ; old, worn, wrecked, badly maintained, poorly engineered or manufacturing issues becoming critical, repossessed, jury rigged, Frankenstein, you name it. SUGGESTION : forget the trauma and just get it fixed or sell it off.

I think they have been in litigation with Ameriflex and marine one for 4 years

@PissedConsumer1449169

We have been in litigation for four years. The boat was brand new and only used for 20 hrs. It’s been an ongoing nightmare that never ends .

@PissedConsumer1449169

We have a Marine Surveyors report confirming it was poorly manufactured. Too many things wrong with it.

View more comments (3)
ID
Langley, British Columbia
Product
2014 Rh Boats River Hawk Renegade Boat
Cons
  • How they do not stand by their brand or honor warranty
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Marine One in Langley BC

Marine One Of Canada - Marine One in Langley BC
*** Alert Marine one and Hallmark Customers **** * purchased this new boat from marine one 8 months later insurance deemed a total loss because of manufacturing or damage prior to me owning the boat * With in the first week cracks appeared in the boat and Marine one says I am on my own we can't help we are not a dealer and haven't been for over a year. * The lease manager at Hallmark ford who also is a partner in the business said we dropped them because of the warranty issues * Marine one sold the boat knowing this and didn't disclose it * They have a history of this https://www.google.ca/amp/s/lisafree.wordpress.com/2010/10/28/dont-buy-a-boat-from-galleon-marine-langley/amp/ * There is some business connection between Hallmark ford and marine one, I was ripped by Marine one. * Jeff hall, Aris Reyes are from Hallmark Ford and the other owner is Norman Dube' This is all my opinion and would urge customers to consider doing business with more transparent dealerships that don't have a track record of name changes and ripped of customers Thanks for your support {{Redacted}}

I have heard nothing other than they have threatened to sue me .

ID
Reason of review
Damaged or defective

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article