Verified Reviewer
Junior Reviewer

Questionable Business Practices

MarcyPro - Questionable Business Practices
Impex Fitness headquartered in Pomona CA This home gym equipment company is a poorly run business with questionable business practices. Its too bad that this review is under the companys corporate name and not under its many brands name so that many readers will miss this review. With the pandemic and gym closures, this company has affordable home gym equipment in-stock and available. However, after poor experiences with two orders resulting in two credit card charge disputes and reports to the Better Business Bureau and to the CA Attorneys General Office following the second order, I do not think that I will purchase more of, or recommend, this company's brands of home gym equipment. On October 27, 2020, I purchased a home gym, Marcy MWM-4965. On November 8, 2020, I reported to the company a damaged Part #8 and requested a replacement part. On November 9, company employee Erika replied, "Please allow 24 to 48 hours for the order to process and 5-7 days for delivery depending on your location". On November 22, I inquired about the replacement part. On November 23, Erika replied, "...the order was on back order (sic) we got the part in, order will ship out tomorrow and email will be sent with tracking information". On November 25, I inquired about the replacement part. That same day, Erika replied, "The order is being shipped out this week (sic) we are just having delays with our shippers". As of today, December 3, 2020, I have not received a tracking number or the replacement part. I have notified the Better Business Bureau and the CA Attorneys General Office. A previous experience with the company should have warned me of its questionable business practices. On October 20, 2020, I ordered the Marcy MD-9010G, a Smith Machine/Cage System. After realizing that the Marcy MD-9010G required Olympic weights that cost MORE than the Smith Machine/Cage System, on October 26, I emailed and requested cancellation. I received two Marcy form replies. I repeated my request but Marcy sent another form reply. Subsequently, I telephoned Marcy but was on Hold for 29 minutes and did not get through. That same day, Marcy finally emailed, Order has been shipped, if you want to cancel order (sic) there will be restocking fee of 15% and shipping cost coming back to Marcy. I replied, As your Order Status webpage states, AWAITING SHIPMENT, and not as you stated in your email quoted below Order has been shipped, I should not be penalized with a restocking fee of 15%...my credit card company has been notified and, shortly, I will document your business practices with the Better Business Bureau and with the CA Attorneys General Office. Marcy later emailed that my order is now Cancelled. This first order should have served as a red flag, a warning sign of this companys questionable business practices.

User's recommendation: Please carefully consider purchasing from this company and also please read the many other reviews on this company at other websites.

#1967254

helpful info

ID
#2319151 Review #2319151 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Marcypro Home Gym Exerciser
Pros
  • Home gym equipment available during pandemic
Cons
  • Company has not shipped a replacement part after 4 weeks
  • Questionable business practices regarding cancellation
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article