Resolved: The Marc Discriminates Against Tenants with Cancer

Update by user Mar 09, 2018

This complaint has been retracted by the Original Poster.

Original review posted by user Jun 02, 2017
I've been renting from The Marc in MidTown NYC since 2016. I am fully paid, have auto-payments setup, and have never been late on a rental payment. After a long battle with cancer, including multiple surgeries, chemotherapy, radiation, and years of continued treatment and therapy I require the assistance of a Service Animal to help with my mobility. My Service Animal is registered with both the City and State of New York. He has a Service Animal tag issued by the City of New York. Despite the fact that it is illegal to discriminate against tenants based on a disability, they property management company (Columbus Property Management) is threatening me with "legal action" and they are refusing to accept my rent. All because this DOG FRIENDLY building doesn't want me to have a trained and registered Service Dog! If they're willing to do this to me--some protected by multiple pieces of legislation including the Fair Housing Act Amendment and the Americans with Disabilities Act--then just imagine how they'll treat you! RENTER BEWARE: Rent anywhere but at The Marc.
Resolved
ID
New York, New York
Cons
  • Discrimination
  • Michelle szeneitas
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Retract your threats of "legal action" and allow me to pay rent and live peacefully.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article