Insurance Fraud - Charged for day before Actual Admission

Our OB/GYN wrote an order of admission at 11:30pm on 03-Dec-2015, but we didn't get to the hospital until 1230am on 04-Dec-2015. However, the hospital fraudulently "admitted" my wife in absentia at 11:55 pm so they could charge an extra $5,669. I provided phone records that included locations showing we were in a neighboring town 10 miles away at 11:58 pm!! A patient must physically occupy a room to incur a daily room charge. A written order to admit the patient does not meet the definition of room occupancy. This is obvious insurance fraud. BEWARE!
ID
Paoli, Pennsylvania
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Sends repeat bills; charges you for your records.

While I have no problem with the care I received at Main Line Health-Upper Providence Family Medicine, I do have a problem with being billed erroneously and having repeat bills sent to me constantly. I have lost count as to how many times I've had to call them about a bill they sent me that I've already paid or about a bill that I should never have received. Once I got a bill for over $400 while I was covered under insurance from my husband's company. The bottom of the bill said I no longer had insurance coverage, which was completely incorrect...there had been no changes in my coverage. Instead of making a phone call to ask me about it, they just went ahead and billed me for that much money. That was another phone call I had to make. I swear...no one does their job. These companies and businesses must think that we consumers have nothing better to do than make phone calls about their mistakes. I wonder how much $ they make from people who just blindly pay any bill they receive and never question it. Also, after I moved out-of-state and started seeing a different doctor I signed a release at the new doctor to obtain my records from MLH. Those *** at MLH then sent me a bill for $20. Why am I being billed to have MY records sent elsewhere??? That is completely ridiculous. So, unless you want to deal with getting screwed by extra bills and charges for everything, I would avoid this medical office.
ID
#206219 Review #206219 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Springfield, Ohio

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

COVID, monkeypox, mask-optional policy: Are we safe? Watch an expert interview with Prof. Karen Jubanyik from Yale to learn more about viruses and how to stay protected.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article