Insurance Fraud - Charged for day before Actual Admission

Our OB/GYN wrote an order of admission at 11:30pm on 03-Dec-2015, but we didn't get to the hospital until 1230am on 04-Dec-2015. However, the hospital fraudulently "admitted" my wife in absentia at 11:55 pm so they could charge an extra $5,669. I provided phone records that included locations showing we were in a neighboring town 10 miles away at 11:58 pm!! A patient must physically occupy a room to incur a daily room charge. A written order to admit the patient does not meet the definition of room occupancy. This is obvious insurance fraud. BEWARE!
ID
Paoli, Pennsylvania
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Sends repeat bills; charges you for your records.

While I have no problem with the care I received at Main Line Health-Upper Providence Family Medicine, I do have a problem with being billed erroneously and having repeat bills sent to me constantly. I have lost count as to how many times I've had to call them about a bill they sent me that I've already paid or about a bill that I should never have received. Once I got a bill for over $400 while I was covered under insurance from my husband's company. The bottom of the bill said I no longer had insurance coverage, which was completely incorrect...there had been no changes in my coverage. Instead of making a phone call to ask me about it, they just went ahead and billed me for that much money. That was another phone call I had to make. I swear...no one does their job. These companies and businesses must think that we consumers have nothing better to do than make phone calls about their mistakes. I wonder how much $ they make from people who just blindly pay any bill they receive and never question it. Also, after I moved out-of-state and started seeing a different doctor I signed a release at the new doctor to obtain my records from MLH. Those *** at MLH then sent me a bill for $20. Why am I being billed to have MY records sent elsewhere??? That is completely ridiculous. So, unless you want to deal with getting screwed by extra bills and charges for everything, I would avoid this medical office.
ID
#206219 Review #206219 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Springfield, Ohio

About

Main Line Health Center Terms of Service
To read more: https://www.mainlinehealth.org/about/policies/terms-of-use
Main Line Health Center Privacy Policy
To read more: https://www.mainlinehealth.org/about/policies/patient-privacy-policies
Summary

Main Line Health is the most comprehensive healthcare resource in suburban Philadelphia. Main Line Health provides a wide range of medical. pediatric, surgical, obstetric, emergency and psychiatric services. Main Line Health includes four hospitals such as Lankenau, Paoli, Bryn Maw and Riddle. More than 10,000 people work at Main Line Health. Main Line Health also trains more than 100 interns and residents every year from medical schools across the country. If you are seeking for high-quality medical care at competitive prices, Main Line Health is exactly where you need to come. Experienced and knowledgeable doctors are always ready to help.

Main Line Health Center reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article