MacDock.com ... dot.***

Signed up with MacDock.com for e-mail/web hosting. $19.95 per month so much higher than the usual services. Expected the quality to match the price. Soon discovered that their "support" was via e-mail only and not exactly prompt. Then their "spam protection" through spam assassin app. was actually at their serves and not an app. that the consumer could access or use. They want their customers to use rules in MacMail for example. So what was the $19.95 for? Their interface was very attractive, but once inside, was basically like MS DOS. The instructions were grammatically flawed and incorrect. Like "click on button" when it was an icon, not a button. Got constant MacMail requests for "password error. serve has rejected your password". After endlessly having down time and e-mailing support, the owner e-mailed me, introduced himself as the owner and basically told me to take my business elsewhere ... but only when the ICANN 60 days was up. The day before my domain transfer was complete and the ICANN transfer was allowed, they closed my account and deleted all my e-mails including business. I had to complain to ICANN to get my domain released. Avoid these guys. They are amateur hour pretending to be players.

I agree. I have used them to handle registration and just used them to handle annual payments until they magically change my name servers to theirs.

I attempted to change them to get my email back and web services back online. Even though I was credentialed in, it wouldn't allow me to make the change and reverted back to theirs with a message saying I wasn't authorized. Last straw. I started transfer out request to move to goDaddy.

They have refused to process the request. When I email support polity and included their own automated authorization form, they replied, "We don't know anything about this." That was it.

Nothing else. Filled a complaint with iCANN.

ID
#220359 Review #220359 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Atco, New Jersey

About

MacDock Terms of Service
www.macdock.com will setup The User's account after MacDock have received payment and The Company and/or MacDock's' payment partner(s) have screened the order(s) in case of fraud. It is The Customer's responsibility to provide MacDock with an email address which is not @ the domain(s) The Client of MacDock are signing up under. If there is ever an abuse issue or www.macdock.com need to contact The User the primary email address on file will be used for this purpose. It is The Client's responsibility to ensure the email address on file is current or up to date at all times. If The Client have a domain name registered with HostGator, it is The Client's responsibility to ensure that the contact information for The Customer's domain account and The User's actual domain name(s) is correct and up-to-date. If The Client of MacDock need to verify or change this information, The User of Website should contact MacDock's' sales team via email. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of The User's account.
To read more: https://www.macdock.com/tos.php
MacDock Privacy Policy
To read more: https://www.macdock.com/privacy.php
Summary

MacDock is a hosting company which offers Mac users fully functional hosting with 30 days satisfaction guarantee. Its clients can choose from three hosting plans with different storage space and levels of monthly transfer.
The company is proud of the fact that all its equipment, hardware, software and support are Mac powered, that makes it able to guarantee reliable and qualitative services. Every week clients’ files are sync'd up to a remote data center, so people who host at MacDock can be sure that they have proper data protection with offsite backups. When it comes to cloud solutions, the company runs the latest versions of PHP and MySQL provided by Apple.

MacDock reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article