Bad Mothers Day Experience

May 11, 2009 To whom it may concern: On Monday May 4, 2009 I called Lynn's Day Spa Located in Columbia, Maryland I make a reservation for my mother and daughter on Mother's Day Sunday May 10@ 9:00am I asked for the simple package which includes one hour massage and one hour facial, my mother never been pampered in a life. On Sunday May 10, 2009 I was running late so I called and spoke with a reception and advised her I will be late she said Ok, I called again for the complete address. I arrived at 9:40am with my mother and daughter I said to the reception I am sorry we are late she said it's Ok no problem, the technician immediately takes my mother in the back and my daughter I wasn't sure I said to my daughter I will see you later. On my way home I realize I didn't know what time to pick up my mother and daughter actually I was thinking 11:40 am to pick up my mother but for my daughter I was unsure, I called the receptionist I asked her what time to pick up both of them she said 11:00 am I said to her what are you crazy, she said your time was at 9:00am ""to 11:00am so you lost sometime being late. I said to her why did you said that to me when I arrived, I am paying for 2 hour serve, I said to her I am on my way back I was very mad.I proceed inside to Lynn's Day Spa I said to her I need to talk with the manager, she already had the manager on the phone her name is Shannon, I step off side the lobby area the manager on the phone immediately the manager ask me if I can step outside the office I said I already did, I explain to Shannon my situation she said I was being unfair to her technician if I reserved I spot that spot is block out for me and I am late that will make her technician late and her clients late too. Shannon kept referring to her client and technician no regards to the situation she started to yell on the phone, Shannon never once considered my daughter and mother as a client, she had no compassion at all, I felt my money was just stolen out of my pocket book, I was very disappointed with the entire situation, I said to her I will stop the serves she said go ahead, she was horrible. I told her I had serve done here before and the technician was late getting to me she said oh well I have no idea about that. Shannon is a prejudice person her tone on the phone she didn't care she said weather you complete the serve or not I still have to pay for it. I never experience such poor customer service from a manager. Sincerely,Bad Mother's Day Experience
#1232028

Well, it is commonplace to forgo the time you lost by being late. Yes, the receptionist said to come b/c your appt wasn't being cancelled and there was still time left to perform some of the services.

An appropriate question for the receptionist would've been how you're being late would impact your appointment.

I do feel you should've been told this instead of assuming you already knew, but again, it is common practice.

I work as a therapist and if my client's appt is from 6:30-7:15 and they arrive at 7:00, they then have a 15 minute appointment and not a 45 min one.

If I extended that client's appointment to 7:45 to accommodate their lateness, then what happens to

My next client who was expecting to be seen at 7:30? How fair is it for that person to have to wait an additional 30 minutes b/c the person before her couldn't get to her appointment on time?

It may help to realize you're paying for a block of time more than just a service. Your clock started ticking at 9am b/c at that time the professional was waiting for you and not seeing another client.

This is no different than if you had bought a movie ticket to a 9pm show and didn't arrive until 9:30. They're not going to restart the movie for you or discount your ticket b/c you were late.

I hope this helps you see this and future situations differently. Best of luck to you.

This is how any salon I have ever seen would react if you buy a package with Multiple services and you are 45 minutes late.

View more comments (1)
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia
Loss

About

Summary

Information may be needed before your appointment. Lynn's Day Spa Inc. ... Surprising someone special with a spa package is very exciting. ...

Lynns Day Spa reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article