Lyndon Academy Reviews

Show reviews that mention
school teacher parents lyndon teachers science students kids science teacher site
Filter review

Bullying is rampant

The lack of management is so poor at this school, that a routine disagreement among the high school students got out of control. Police are now involved because the bullying is rampant. Check Holly Springs police for report and details.
Smyrna, Georgia

Been a Great Experience So Far

Lyndon has been a great experience for us and our children. We have two children enrolled there now. The teaching staff is outstanding, and I cannot say enough about their commitment to their profession. The pacing and content of the curriculum supersedes what Cherokee County is implementing in their public schools, and this is primarily why we chose Lyndon as our school. It is also a very welcoming and safe community. The lunacy of this site prompted this review, but my regard for this school is sincerely heartfelt. If you’re shopping around for a private school option, you already understand the momentous decision before you. Stop by for yourself and see what this great school has to offer.
Woodstock, Georgia
Lyndon Academy Teacher

Absolute worst thing I have ever put my kids through.

Honestly the title of this review is enough said . I regret putting my kids in that school. That school is NOT interested in your kids best interest. The test scores are lies. They will give a 7nth grader a 4rth grade test so that the kid will do outstanding. So the academic aspect is terrible... dont even get me started on the social aspect of this school. Walking into Lyndon is like entering the gates of ***. Dont waist your time. Kids are leaving left and right and eventually this school is going is going to shut down. Most good reviews that you see about lyndon are fake.
Bad quality

Do not waste your time and money!

My daughter several weeks later told me that she was made to promise that it was a secrete between her and Boardman and she was to never tell me. Soon after she found out that I knew, Molly broke her promise to keep it a secrete, she started bullying my kid. My complaints to the school were swept under a rug and they kept trying to make me feel as though it was my 12 yr old daughters fault. My daughter wrote a note explaining her point of view that she was severely punished for because the school called it disrespectful. She had to sit out a week of lunch and a game for nothing. Since I worked for the school, I thought I might share a few things with anyone thinking they might want to send their child to Lyndon... First of all, there is a softball player who pays ZERO dollars to attend the school because she is an athlete and her mom "volunteers for their accounting". I did witness the gift card to athletes rumor and this is how they get away with it; They use their AMX for everything and get cash back credits for increments of $500 that they bribe parents with. They fudge their test scores by having students take the wrong grade level standardize test (like a 12 yr old take a 5th grade level). They did not pay several teachers last checks to them. They NEVER paid their second to last AD for working a month for free. They wrongly distributed the "pay it forward " funds. My child attended the school for an amount below the state required amount of scholarship money. They keep running away the good teachers/facility. Last year, at the end of the year, they almost ran away one of the best things they have going for them (teacher and a coach). The only reason they did not is because her partner that works the front desk would leave as well. Now Mr Burin's head is on the chopping block. This school is not ran well!

Short Review on January 27, 2017

Pulled my daughter out last week. Very upset. It is true that they gave illegal scholarships for softball players and didn't pay teachers their last paychecks. Very shady! They will sue you if you leave a bad review on great schools.

Lyndon Academy Teacher Review

Very unprofessional staff and teachers! Obviously this school is having money problems ! What kind of business cant get a loan to build a gym and 5 classrooms without parents giving them 100k!!! Very bad management on all levels.
Poor customer service

Lyndon teacher turnover internal problem!

Why does Lyndon get rid of the good teachers? I have seen 5, yes, FIVE athletic directors come and go over only 2 years. Now they are getting rid of the well loved PE teacher??? I can name several others that should be let go before him! Shame on this school for how bad they have continued talking about him since they demoted him from his AD position. By the way, kids at lunch have bragged about getting $500 gift cards to come to the school for being on the softball team. Also, drugs are discussed at lunch like it is a cool thing. Not happy! Leaving this school, counting down the days!
#1203102

This review is ridiculous - and notice there is no reference to the amazing academics, the overall school culture, the opportunities for all students to participate in a wide range of activities, the trilingual curriculum, and the advanced class offerings. While there has certainly been turnover at the athletic director position, the commitment to sports at the school continues.

The post never mentions any problems with the coaching or the activities themselves.

As a parent with a child involved in multiple sports, I have never heard a negative word spoken about the past athletic director. This post picks at a small issue and does not represent this school at all!

This comment is crazy! Lyndon is a great school !

They make staff changes to make the school better,, and I am appalled at the fact you think kids talk about drugs there cause you are labeling my child. NO DRIGS ARE INVOLVED AT THIS SCHOOL OR GIFTS given to girls for softball, they aren't on ESPN! Please educate yourself before attacking children it don't make your comment or review valid to anyone !

Any parent that wants their child to be safe from this society just go visit the school and you will see all none of that is true! You don't attack children!!

View more comments (1)
Holly Springs, Georgia
Lyndon Academy Teacher
Cons
  • Firing the good teachers
  • Keeping and defending the bad ones

Update by user Jan 02, 2016

And reading her second FB message- she goes on to blame the administration for not doing anything about her issues with the parents... Really?!

I though she was tight with the administration?!

My parents heard the administration was an old family friend! Back stabber!

Original review posted by user Jan 02, 2016
In response to Mrs. Collin's friend Jennifer who keeps denying that this teacher had issues with parents at Lyndon Academy when she first started there! These are her Facebook emails! You Sigma Kappa girls don't really stick together very well! She must have pissed someone off while you guys were at Georgia. Don't underestimate the kids of you old *** that were all in sorority together! We can out *** you guys anytime! It doesn't pay to lie about stuff like this online- the truth comes out one way or another... And it's better for this teacher to come clean about her issues with Lyndon Academy parents instead of blaming her problems on other people besides her poor victim self.

Maybe if you saw the school from the inside you'd know that it's a fine place with great teachers.

This teacher is so busted! Blaming the parents then blaming her own administration... Unreal!

Lyndon academy Middle school science teacher busted for blaming parents for her issues back in 2013... And then has the haul to blame the parents?!

Wait till I forward this on to my parents!!! Hacktivists unite!

View more comments (2)
Acworth, Georgia
Lyndon Academy Teacher
Cons
  • Science teacher

Lyndon Academy - Teacher Review from Pretoria, Gauteng

Lyndon Academy - Teacher Review from Pretoria, Gauteng
Is this their Science teacher from that last review?! Isn't resisting a process server breaking the law?! She does Lyndon proud for sure as she yells "get the *** of my property!" across the obvious subdivision...so many red flags abound.... http://youtu.be/4x4OaivXiHg

Again- just more and more drama- We hope that this teacher doesn't bring this drama into her classroom. We are proud of our school and this doesn't do anything for it. And I happen to be a REAL parent of a student there- not the "friend" of a teacher there.

Pretoria, Gauteng
Poor customer service

Worst Science Teacher ever

We have posted on another school site about this teacher last year and from what we have been told, this school keeps trying to hide the fact that they keep harboring a substandard teacher while charging parents thousands of dollars to attend this private school. Our child had the worst year of science class after years of being a straight A student. We spoke with this teacher several times about her inability to teach and the ability to keep students busy with homework that was just busywork. When the teacher takes no ownership in her own teaching pitfalls then that tells you something. A group of parents made it know that her educational background didn't quite match up to what they compared her with at Westminster or the Walker school. This was in 2013 and we understand she is still there!

I want my children to experience their classes and teaching without a teacher bringing their domestic issues into their classroom. This lady now has her friends posting all over the net drawing attention to her drama.

Please tell your well meaning friends to stop the embarrassment- for all of us.

Your being married three times makes no difference to us if your teaching is drama free and up to par. We've all heard enough please.

I was told to look here for the drama unfolding about this teacher. Her "friend" isn't doing this school any favors by posting the private goins on - or her opinions of what is going on- on a review site.

This is a great school and we have kids that go here!

We don't want this sort of advertising for a school we are proud of. Shame on you Jennifer or whoever you happen to be.

Shame on this "friend" below for causing even more drama by posting on this review site- who's child never even went to this school at all. If you didn't pay money to this school then your opinion about it shouldn't be on this site.

In response to this blurb- YES- this teacher had issues with parents when she first started. This is public knowledge amongst those whose kids go there. Was it all her fault? Maybe- maybe not- some of these parents were, in my opinion- asking too much and expecting too much.

The middle school had just opened and there was always growing pains with these situations. But to have some friend get on here and "take up for her" just stirs up more drama for this school and it's our hope that this teacher tells her "friend" to stop as it makes her and this school look bad. We liked Lyndon while our kids were younger and loved the fact they were learning different languages.

This school is a newer one compared to some of the other more established private schools in Atlanta and its location is great for those living out in the counties. We see a lot of promise for this school as it grows- BUT drama like the "review" above highlights is NOT what a newer and growing private school needs.

I would like to add that I am not ashamed to post my name behind this! I encourage this ex-husband or pretend "parent" to contact me publicly!

It is easy and cowardly to hide behind "anonymous" when you cannot stand behind your words! My email is sunybath33@***.com! All correspondence will be posted here so that others can see that this is not real! Unbelievable!!

What are you going to do? Write reviews against me? I have a perfect record with nothing to hide! I hope that prospective students and parents will understand that these sites can be commented on by anyone!

They are not genuine! I encourage anyone to visit Lyndon Academy and meet Ms. Collins for yourself and talk to her students.

Don't believe this unbelievable cruelty. You WILL be found out!

Jennifer Powell

Jennifer Powell

@PissedConsumer1032363

Friend Jennifer- STOP THE MADNESS. You aren't doing your friend or our school any favors.

Kids have hacked her FB account and found her emails detailing the issues she had with parents (us) back in 2013 when she started. The drama lives on with this lady. She has drama documented all over the dang Internet. It's ridiculous.

It makes our school look horrible and it's embarrassing for the school- YOU ARE EMBARRASSING TO YOUR FRIEND. I hope she got ticked off at you for making things worse for her.

It's like poking a dang bear- once these kids get a hold of something like this and they are extremely computer savvy- they run with it!

@PissedConsumer1032363

What is this conspiracy theory this chick is rattling on about above... This makes me LOL-!

"All correspondence will be posted here..." Ok... Posting some gmail address that could have been opened not ten minutes before posting. Like that makes you real and official. If you want believability the post your work email or something that proves you are who you are.

And this whole "you Will be found out...!" That makes me laugh the loudest. It seems that the only one being found out for lies and mendacity is you and your teacher friend. There have been plenty of different people posting on here that have plenty to say about this teacher that rings much more true than your empty threats. The kids have been posting her hacked FB emails!

She admits she was having problems with parents... Now you must feel a bit foolish ...

Your teacher friend must have lied to you about this ... If I were you I would be pissed.

I personally know Rebecca Rumrill Collins. This is not true.

This post is written by a person she used to be married to who is cruel and vindictive. Rebecca is a professional with a great relationship with faculty and staff and many years of successful teaching under her belt. The person who posted this is sick in the head and needs to stop now. This harassment has gone too far!

Would want this process server in the video frightening your child? He entered their house without permission!! Enough is enough!

Stop posting these reviews to try and ruin a genuinely great person. SHAME ON YOU!!

Jennifer

@PissedConsumer1032359

Please do your teacher friend a favor and stop bringing up her domestic drama. I'm surprised she hasn't shut you down already.

It's a huge embarrassment to our school!

YOU AREN'T EVEN A PARENT IF A CHILD THAT GOES TO THIS SCHOOL. PLEASE QUIT POSTING TO EMBARRASS OUR SCHOOL.

@PissedConsumer1032359

Do yourself a favor and don't post your actual name on this site - do you have any savvy at all? Hacker kids will make your life cray cray- more than it obviously already is... Lyndon academy has already been embarrassed by this teacher.

@PissedConsumer1032359

So we are sending your comment above to the company that served your teacher friend. You claim that he "entered her house without permission" and "scared her child".

We happen to know the process server and he makes it a point to videotape all serves he does for just this reason and to document cases that can become hostile. Most process servers do this. We know for a fact that your above claims never happened and you have defamed and slandered him and his company. This is a huge lawsuit just waiting to happen.

I hope your teacher friend hasn't been telling this "story" to other people but it sounds like she has and it sounds like she will probably be hearing from a lawyer about this soon.

View more comments (12)
Woodstock, Georgia
Preferred solution
Let this teacher go

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article