LWRC REPR does'nt cycle subsonic on suppressor setting!

I purchased an LWRC REPR 7.62 from my local gun shop, because I assumed it would cycle subsonic ammo. It is marketed as having a suppressor setting and there was no literature anywhere online or in the manual that stated it wouldn't work with subsonic ammo. I wanted it specifically to hunt with my suppressor and be as quite as possible. When I shot it with my suppressor and subsonic ammo, it would not work! I had to cycle it manually everytime. Even on the SUPPRESSOR setting!! I called LWRC and they were unhelpful, they stated that they could not do anything for me. I asked them, why would you put a suppressor setting on a $4500 rifle and not tell the consumer that it would not cycle subsonic ammo? They refused to take responsibility for their misrepresentation and basically told me to go fly a kite! They would not offer a refund nor attempt tp make it work properly. All in all, I feel misled by the lack of information published by LWRC on this matter and there lack of attention after the fact left a sour taste in my mouth.

You ***, most piston driven semiautos have a suppressor setting so the rifle isn't over gassed while using full power loads with a suppressor. The ACR, SCAR, REPR, and many others are like this.

If you want subsonic ammo capability, go buy a suppressed 45 handgun. A subsonic 308 load is generally a 220g bullet going about <1000FPS. That's basically the ballistics of a 45 ACP.

I would think that you would do more research before buying a $4000 rifle and a >$700 suppressor plus the 8 month wait that's involved with the can. Go buy a bolt gun.

On most any semi-auto platform the suppressor setting limits the amount of gas entering the gas port. If you were going to have any luck at all the standard setting would have been a better option.

Also the adverse condition setting would be your best bet since this allows the most gas through. All the settings are explained in your owners manual.

I know my 6.8 rifle won't either but POF will.

View more comments (2)
ID
Miami, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article