Lube It All in Hackettstown, NJ tried to defraud me

I went in to get my oil changed. It was the first trip to the mechanic with my 2001 "new - used" car. After they looked everything over, the mechanic told me the car has not been maintained and that all the fluids need to be changed. - $255.00 worth. I figured he must know what he's talking about. Then he started telling me that my brakes were terrible, really bad. That there is really nothing left to them and that if I don't change them it will be a more serious and costly repair in a short while. I told him I am broke and as it was the fluid change was going on my credit card because I couldn't afford that. He went to "talk" to the manager and came back and told me it would be a good deal at over $600.00! I said I can't afford it right now. He called me "Hun" again and said I really don't want to let this wait. I could probably do just the front now and do the rear a month later. I said I can't do any. He wrote down the price and told me to shop around and that I wouldn't find a cheaper price. If I did find a cheaper price, he would beat it. So I have 3 kids and so naturally I was worried at that point that I was driving my kids around with no brakes. So the next nay i took it over to my local small garage and the guy there told me my brakes are new. He said the fronts are getting low, maybe next oil change I could look at the fronts again. But he said that there's no danger and my brakes are fine. So I ask, was Lube It All taking advantage of a woman who doesn't know about auto repair? That's what I think.

After I called Lube It All to tell them about my second opinion, they looked into it and said their mechanic hadn't looked at my rear brakes. They apologized up and down and offered me a free oil change, which I declined.

A couple of weeks later I received a hand-written letter from one of the managers apologizing again and offering me $100. towards a brake job anywhere I want to get it done. They said the mechanic has been reprimanded.

I do think they feel bad and want to make it right.

So i just wanted to update my complaint and give them chance to fix their reputation.

@tiredofthiscrap

I am confused Lube It All does not offer brake repair

@PissedConsumer1164863

Yes I know. But the mechanic told me the br w aks would be done by the guy next door.

The building is kind of an "L" shape with another automotive vendor in the other section. The mechanic had said he spoke with the other guy to get an estimate for me.

It was all very shady and I felt like maybe the mechanic at Lube It All, gets some kind of "commission" for sending business over to the other guy. But I know for a fact, I did NOT need breaks at that time.

If you're going to use that company for your oil changes, just be wary, and get a second opinion if they tell you you need extra services.

Have a great day.

@tiredofthiscrap

Woops! Using my phone... i meant to type "brakes", but my thumbs didn't make it happen :-)

View more comments (3)
ID
#204453 Review #204453 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ringwood, New Jersey
Loss

About

Summary

Lube It All is a company that provides car services. It was established by Chris Willcox in Hackettstown in 1986. With more than 25 years of in-business experience today the company is conveniently located in Hackettstown and Randolph, NJ. The company offers 10 minute oil changes in its drive thru service, no appointment is necessary. Accept oil change the complete list of Lube It All’s services includes Transmission Services and/or Machine Flushes, Coolant Machine Flushes, Power Steering Flushes, Differential Services, Transfer Case Services, Specialty Services (Windshield Wipers, Headlights and other Bulbs, Filters (Air and Cabin), Floor Mats, Fuel Injector Cleaners, and Windshield Chip Repair, etc.). In addition to its services Lube It All offers Senior discounts and package discounts are always available.

Lube It All reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article