Lube express incompetent

called 3 different lube shops looking to have my tranny filter and all fluid changed, first 2 shops priced me around 160, lube express in Greeneville TN. quoted me 65 bucks for complete job and said bring it next morning, i told them i didn't think they had figuared the job right so i went by there to have them double check, yep filter plus 7 quarts fluid including labor 65.80 and tax. i said i believe it takes 15 quarts for a total drain and i would pay for the extra fluid, well i stood there and watched them do it, they replaced the filter, then proceeded to fill the tranny put in 5 quarts fluid and said i was ready to go. at this point i didn't want them screwing around with my vehicle any longer so i paid my 65.80 and left, when i got home i had to add the other 2 quarts of fluid, i should have known better when there price was so low that i wouldn't get what i wanted BUT they assured me that i would, i just think they don't have a clue of servicing an automobile and just tell their customers what they think the customer wants to hear. most of the time when i have used these little quick oil change shops i have problems, like leaky transmission oil pan after changing filter, loose drain plug on oil pan, inferior oil filters cheap aftermarket fuel filters. as of late I've been changing my own oil and guess i had better start doing the rest of the servicing myself also.
ID
Knoxville, Tennessee

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article